- See Sloane for other articles with titles that contain, either by relationship or by coincidence, this character's surname.
Dr. Sloane in 2063
|Full Name:||Lily Sloane|
|Affiliation:|| United States,|
Doctor Lily Sloane was a female Human who was living in the 21st century who was an aeronautical engineer who worked alongside Zefram Cochrane on the development of the first warp drive on Earth. (TNG movie & novelization: First Contact)
Prior to World War III, Sloane had befriended an elderly Mestral. When the War began, Mestral and a young scientist he met, Zefram Cochrane, traveled the distance from Boston, Massachusetts to Bozeman, Montana to partner with Sloane and build Cochrane's prototype warp engine. (ENT short story: "Mestral")
- The dates between "The Sundered" and "Mestral" conflict, given that Cochrane doesn't meet Sloane until several weeks after the World War III nuclear exchange.
In fact, Sloane was transported on to a time-lost USS Enterprise-E, where she received medical treatment from Beverly Crusher. She was eventually stranded from the group of Bozeman patients and assisted Jean-Luc Picard in fighting back against the Borg. (TNG movie: First Contact)
After first contact was made, Sloane was given a special hypo shot by Beverly Crusher, which wiped out her memories of recent events. As such, she didn't believe Cochrane when he made his claims about the Borg and the Enterprise. (TOS novel: Preserver)
- Lake Sloane and the USS Sloane were likely named after her or a descendant. Malcolm Sloane, another Alpha Centauran, may be yet another descendant.
Appearances and referencesEdit
In her one live-action appearance, Sloane was played by Alfre Woodard.
- ENT short story: "Mestral"
- TLE novel: The Sundered
- TNG movie & novelization: First Contact
- ST short story: "The Immortality Blues"
- TOS novel: Preserver
- ENT short story: "A Girl for Every Star"
- TNG novel: Rogue
- TOS novel: Spectre
- TNG short story: "The First"
- TNG novel: Insurrection
- TOS novel: Captain's Peril
- TNG novel: Resistance
- TNG novel: Q & A