Cadet Beverly must race to save a friend!—Loyalties is a young adult novel, the 10th installment of the Starfleet Academy series of The Next Generation books. This story was authored by Patricia Barnes-Svarney and was released in April 1996.
- Beverly Howard is in big trouble at the Academy. They've just begun their first year as Starfleet medical cadets, and already Beverly and her roommate Claire Voy are one step from probation. Commander Max Wiley, who teaches the holodeck simulation course in medical emergencies, caught them skipping class to visit an excavation in nearby San Francisco. He took them to the admiral's office and has put them on notice. One more slip and they're out!
- When Claire's partner in her medical emergencies class is injured, Commander Wiley blames Claire for the accident. But was it an accident? It is the commander's word against Claire's. Wiley has no reason to lie—or does he? Beverly's own investigation takes her from the computer labs to the admiral's office. Now Claire's future hangs in the balance unless Beverly and Data can find a way to clear her—without being expelled themselves!
|This article is a stub relating to an author, illustrator or other publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Science and technologyEdit
- combadge • communication • holodeck • hologram • humanoid • lifeform • matter • medicine • space • starship • star • star system • time
Ranks and titlesEdit
- admiral • cadet • commandant • Commandant of Starfleet Academy • commander • commanding officer • doctor • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2360s-2370s) • officer
- 24th century • clothing • government • insignia • laboratory • nation-state • planet • races and cultures • rank • rank insignia • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2278-2350s) • Starfleet uniform (2366-2373) • technology • title • uniform • year
- Beverly's first Academy year.
The cover depicts Beverly and Data wearing Starfleet cadet uniforms of the sort worn during the 2360s uniform design, even though canon depictions of this same time period in TNG episode: "Yesterday's Enterprise" illustrate the 2270s uniform design still being in use at this point.
|TNG books||Next novel:|