|Series:||The Original Series, No. 42|
|Author(s):||Gar and Judith Reeves-Stevens|
|Published:||Paperback - October 1988|
From the back cover: Memory Prime: It's the central core of an immense computer library - an entire network of research planetoids. Here, the Pathfinders - the only artificial intelligences legally permitted to serve the Federation - control and sift the overwhelming data flow from thousands and thousands of research vessels across the galaxy...
Now the greatest scientists in the Federation have gathered here for the prestigious Nobel and Zee-Magnees Prize ceremonies - unaware that a deadly assassin is stalking one of them. And as Captain Kirk struggles to save his ship from sabotage and his first officer from accusations of murder, he discovers the hidden assassin is far from the deadliest secret lurking on Memory Prime...
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Memory Alpha • Memory Beta • Memory Gamma • Memory Delta • Memory Epsilon • Memory Prime • Starbase 4 • Alpha Centauri
- Referenced only
- Earth Spacedock
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- Adepts of T'Pel • Department of Labor • Federation Security Service • Freedom for Synthetics • Pathfinders • Academy of Science
- aiyahl lock • Chief Administrator • Cochrane University of Applied Warp Physics • datawell • Emperor's Decoration for Science in Aid of Destruction of the Enemy • Federation Standard Labor Codes • Honorstone • Synthetic Revolt • T'Lin's New Catalog
- The novel establishes Zefram Cochrane as a native inhabitant of Alpha Cenaturi, however, this contradicts Star Trek: First Contact which showed him to be a native of Earth after the Third World War. However, its possible that he relocated to Alpha Centauri and was considered a Centauran by the inhabitants.
- Its stated that Human achievement of warp technology came more than one hundred and fifty years ago which places it around 2119 while the Vulcans mastered the warp drive a hundred years prior to that.
The Three-Minute Universe
|TOS numbered novels||Next novel:|
The Final Nexus
The Patrian Transgression