History and specificationsEdit
The Merian-class of ships had entered service by the year 2377. The vessels crewed around 70 to 75 officers and crewpeople, and were 10 decks in height. Merian vessels measured 218 meters in length, 46 meters in height and 115 meters in width, and massed around 540,000 metric tons. (VOY novel: Children of the Storm; Ships of the Line 2012)
At least one type of variant of the Merian-class existed. Instead of a full roll bar spanning the width of the primary hull, this variant's roll bar was split in two creating an 'M' shape over the hull. (TNG - Hive comic: "Hive, Issue 3")
- USS Curie (NCC-81890) - Destroyed (2381)
- USS Hawking (NCC-81897) - Destroyed (2381)
- USS Planck (NCC-81894) - Destroyed (2381)
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||Merian class starships|
- The three Merian-class vessels first appeared in VOY novel: Full Circle but they were not identified as such until VOY novel: Children of the Storm.
- Some of the specifications for the Merian-class appear in the 2012 Ships of the Line calendar along with the Ambassador.
- The Merian was designed by Mark Rademaker.