- For the military designation for personnel status, see: missing in action.
|Missing In Action|
|Published:||Hardcover - 28 February 2006|
|Reprint(s):||Mass market paperback - January 2007; Trade paperback - April 2008|
Peter David's unforgettable novels of Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and the crew of the Starship Excalibur remain one of Star Trek's most popular book series among fans. Now, David continues the thrilling new direction for the New Frontier universe begun in After the Fall with a novel that will shock and delight longtime and brand-new readers of this acclaimed series.
Following the dramatic events of After the Fall, Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and the crew of the USS Excalibur find themselves catapulted headlong into another universe, far from the New Thallonian Protectorate and sector 221G...a place where an ancient war rages between two powerful alien races. But Calhoun has no intention of staying here for very long and, adopting the time-honored philosophy of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," takes it upon himself to somehow (and by any means necessary) persuade one side or the other to help him and his crew get back home.
Meanwhile, the shadow of war has fallen over the New Thallonian Protectorate, and an embattled Si Cwan faces growing treachery as he attempts to maintain his tenuous hold on power. With Starfleet and the Federation declaring sector 221G temporarily off-limits, Admiral Elizabeth Shelby and Captain Kat Mueller decide to take matters into their own hands, ignoring orders by trying to find some way of getting to the Excalibur, presuming there is any Excalibur to get to. But they never count on the most unexpected of allies -- an old friend whose shifting loyalties are about to be put to the ultimate test even as a growing cataclysm looms....
|This article is a stub relating to an author, illustrator or other publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
- Soleta • Xyon of Calhoun • Si Cwan • Kalinda • Mackenzie Calhoun • Zak Kebron • Tania Tobias • Morgan Primus • Edward Jellico • Elizabeth Shelby • Katerina Mueller • Xyon • Burgoyne 172 • Moke • Selar • Desma • M'Ress • Romeo Takahashi • Arex Na Eth • Lyla • Pontalimus • Robin Lefler • Craig Mitchell • Mick Gold • Villers • Lucius • Hiren • Fhermus • Tiraud • Keesala • Aquila • Vitus • Maurus • Kassir • Jean-Luc Picard • Freeman Dyson • Aurelius • Ankar • Topez Anat • Henri L'Ecole • Shinzon • James Kirk • Termic • Julian Fox • François-Marie Arouet • Q • q
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- IRW Spectre • USS Excalibur (NCC-26517-A) • USS Trident • USS Voyager • IRW Dhael • IRW S'harien • Scimitar • Lyla • Stingray
- Priatia • Space Station Bravo • Sector 221-G • Romulan Neutral Zone • Romulus • New Thallon • Nelkar • Remus • Earth • Teuthian • Ares IV • Gravis • Nemosia • Cheng • Q Continuum
Species and culturesEdit
- Species B221 • Species 8472 • Borg • Romulan • Orion • Vulcan • Wanderers • Thallonian • Redeemer • Hermat • Priatian • Nelkarite • Horta • Reman • Andorian • Teuthis • Bolgar • Klingon • Caitian
States and organizationsEdit
- Borg Collective • United Federation of Planets • Starfleet • Romulan Star Empire • New Thallonian Protectorate • House of Cwan • House of Fhermus
- Tribune • Legate • Praefect • Sonar • Worlds Within Worlds • Dyson Sphere • Office of Planetary Affairs • Dominion War • Schnapps • Thalaron radiation • remora • shark
- This is the second half of a duology begun in After the Fall.
After the Fall
|NF novels||Next novel:|
|NF Stories||Next story:|
Death in Winter
|Star Trek hardcovers||Next novel:|
A Time for War, A Time for Peace