Cadet Picard's first space mission could be his last!—Nova Command is a young adult novel, the 9th installment of the Starfleet Academy series of The Next Generation books. This story was authored by Brad and Barbara Strickland and was released in December 1995.
- Cadet Jean-Luc Picard is struggling through his first year at the Academy. He's near the top of his classes, right behind Roger Wells. Jean-Luc is determined to do everything better and bigger than Roger. But privately he has doubts. And the lack of communication from home only reminds him of how badly he left things with his father.
- Then Jean-Luc and his friend, Marta, discover they've been selected to fly with the Nova Command team, a special training mission through the solar system. This is no simulation—it's the real thing! Jean-Luc tries to ignore the presence of Roger, but the pressure builds between the two cadets. When the mission leader falls ill and the ship receives a distress call, Jean-Luc and the other cadets must decide whether to obey orders or attempt a rescue… as the ship heads for disaster!
|This article is a stub relating to an author, illustrator or other publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Referenced only
- USS Enterprise-D
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Science and technologyEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- 24th century • clothing • communication • distress call • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2360s-2370s) • government • insignia • nation-state • planet • races and cultures • rank • rank insignia • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2278-2350s) • Starfleet uniform (2366-2373) • technology • title • uniform • year
- Picard's first Academy year.
- The cover depicts Wells, Picard and Marta wearing Starfleet cadet uniforms of the sort worn during the 2360s uniform design, even though canon depictions of this same time period in Nemesis illustrate the 2270s uniform design still being in use at this point.
- Marta could be Marta Batanides.
|TNG books||Next novel:|
An Easy Fast