|Operation: Annihilate!, Part 2|
Cover by Tim Bradstreet (cover "A")
|Series:||The Original Series (IDW series), No. 6|
|Miniseries:||Operation: Annihilate, No. 2|
|Story by:||Oliver Crawford and Steven W. Carabatsos|
|Creative Consultant:||Roberto Orci|
|Printed in:||February 2012|
|Date:||2258 (alternate reality)|
- captain's log, supplemental
- The Enterprise is in orbit over the planet Deneva, where a Federation colony is the latest victim of a dangerous threat sweeping this sector. An unknown alien life-form has taken root in the colony, and we believe it may be responsible for the mass insanity that has afflicted the population. Mr. Spock is now infected as well. Dr. McCoy is attending to him, but the prognosis is unclear. Our away team was fortunate to escape the surface of the planet thanks in no small part to an unexpected meeting with the last person I expected to see: my older brother George Kirk.
Captain Kirk is still angry that his brother left when he could not stand their uncle. Now, he has to deal with Spock needing medical attention. To make matters worse, there is a force field on Deneva that is wreaking havoc on the Enterprise impulse drive, not to mention all those people on Deneva. Unfortunately, George's wife, Aurelan, and his youngest son, Peter, are among them. Just then, McCoy contacts Kirk about Spock.
Spock experiences some pain before calming down and trying to regain self-control. He recovers and informs Kirk that the blastoneuron that attached itself to him was trying to influence him to take control of the ship with help from pain. Just then, Kirk receives an emergency call from Yeoman Zahra in Transporter Room 2. Kirk's brother has beamed down to the planet but not before tranquilizing Ensign Ku. Kirk beams down to Deneva. Spock and McCoy notice that the blastoneuron resembles one giant brain cell. They realize that it is connected to a hive mind which is still trying to control Spock. Kirk rescues his brother's family while Spock uses a bright light to get the blastoneuron out of his head at the temporary cost of his sight.
Kirk's brother's wife and son are saved from certain death while Chief Engineer Scott deploys a satellite system around Deneva to get rid of the blastoneurons. McCoy notes that Vulcans have an inner eyelid, the result of evolution on a planet close to its parent star, 40 Eridani A. Uhura is worried about Spock after what happened on Taurus II, and now on Deneva. Spock does not fully understand her concerns.
- Captain's log, supplemental
- The plan worked. City by city, Deneva is being freed from contamination. The Enterprise will soon be en route to the nearest starbase to deliver samples of the invading lifeforms for further study. I've done my best to expect the unexpected here on the galaxy's edge. The unbelievable and the unimaginable. But I never thought I'd travel all this way to find my family again.
- Leonard McCoy • Spock • James T. Kirk • George Samuel Kirk, Jr. • Keenser • Montgomery Scott • Ku • Zahra • George Samuel Kirk, Sr. • Winona Kirk • Peter Kirk • Nyota Uhura • Aurelan Kirk
- Referenced only
- Tiberius Kirk
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Planets and planetoidsEdit
- Referenced only
- Makus III
Stars and systemsEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (alternate 2250s) • galaxy • government • humanoid • lifeform • nation-state • planet • races and cultures • rank • star • star system • starbase • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (alternate reality) • technology • time • title • ultraviolet • uncle • uniform • universe • wavelength
- TOS episode: "Operation -- Annihilate!": This issue depicted part of the events of the alternate reality version of "Operation -- Annihilate!".
- TOS comics: "The Galileo Seven, Part 1", "The Galileo Seven, Part 2": Uhura refers to the events of the Makus III mission.
- TOS movie: Star Trek: Spock and Uhura refer to the events at Vulcan.
- TOS comic: "Operation: Annihilate, Part 1": This continues the events of the previous issue.
Operation: Annihilate, Part 1
|The Original Series (IDW series)||Next Comic:|
Vulcan's Vengeance, Part 1