Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Payav language is the language spoken by the Payav civilization of the planet Mestiko. (TOS novel: Mere Anarchy)
- a'sloointa dinpayav
- A grave insult that translates to English as "no-necked offworlder". (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: Shadows of the Indignant)
- Term used to refer to non-Payav outsiders. (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBooks: The Centre Cannot Hold, Shadows of the Indignant)
- See also "mar-tunyor".
- "Grandmother." (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: Things Fall Apart)
- Word meaning "demon", which, despite its literal translation, can be used as an affectionate description of a young child (i.e. "you little demon!"). (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Centre Cannot Hold)
- hoy'an Atyya
- Expression of surprise. (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Blood-Dimmed Tide)
- Given the context of this phrase, and others using the word "Atyya", it seems this phrase would translate as "Oh, my God!"
- Word which refers to non-Payav, used primarily in the mar-Atyya religious tradition. (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Darkness Drops Again)
- See also "dinpayav".
- "Beggar". (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Blood-Dimmed Tide)
- Unflattering term in the Payav language, presumably akin to "bastard" or "jerk". Daki orGalya referred to her husband, Cart etDeja, as a condescending vikak, though she allowed, "he's our vikak". (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Darkness Drops Again)