The Payav language is the language spoken by the Payav civilization of the planet Mestiko. (TOS novel: Mere Anarchy)
- a'sloointa dinpayav
- A grave insult that translates to English as "no-necked offworlder". (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: Shadows of the Indignant)
- Term used to refer to non-Payav outsiders. (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBooks: The Centre Cannot Hold, Shadows of the Indignant)
- See also "mar-tunyor".
- "Grandmother." (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: Things Fall Apart)
- Word meaning "demon", which, despite its literal translation, can be used as an affectionate description of a young child (i.e. "you little demon!"). (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Centre Cannot Hold)
- hoy'an Atyya
- Expression of surprise. (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Blood-Dimmed Tide)
- Given the context of this phrase, and others using the word "Atyya", it seems this phrase would translate as "Oh, my God!"
- Word which refers to non-Payav, used primarily in the mar-Atyya religious tradition. (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Darkness Drops Again)
- See also "dinpayav".
- "Beggar". (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Blood-Dimmed Tide)
- Unflattering term in the Payav language, presumably akin to "bastard" or "jerk". Daki orGalya referred to her husband, Cart etDeja, as a condescending vikak, though she allowed, "he's our vikak". (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Darkness Drops Again)
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.