- This page details Philippa Georgiou in the primary universe; for the Philippa Georgiou in the mirror universe see Philippa Georgiou (mirror).
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
- "Do you know why Sarek asked me to take you on? I was a human who had seen a life of loss, but still chose hope. What an ego I had, thinking I could pick away the shell the Vulcans had put around you."
- —Philippa Georgiou to Michael Burnham, 2256[src]
Philippa Georgiou was a female human Starfleet captain in the 2250s decade. She was the commanding officer of the USS Shenzhou until the year 2256. (DSC episodes: "The Vulcan Hello", "Battle at the Binary Stars")
In 2249, Georgiou agreed to take on as a protege the ward of Ambassador Sarek, Michael Burnham. Burnham, who had graduated from the Vulcan Starfleet Academy, rose in the ranks from ensign to senior tactical officer in 2255. That year, Georgiou's first officer, Sonnisar ch’Theloh, and her second officer, Itzel García, accepted promotions to the USS Tereshkova. Facing who to promote to first officer, Georgiou had a choice between her protege, Burnham, and her promising science officer, Saru, who had formed a potentially damaging rivalry over the past six years. Admiral Brett Anderson selected Burnham over Saru, and Georgiou broke the news to both. (DSC novel: Desperate Hours)
|USS Shenzhou (NCC-1227) personnel|
|Burnham • Connor • Detmer • Fan • Gant • García • Georgiou • Januzzi • Johar • Nambue • Narwani • Oliveira • Saru • Spyropoulos • ch’Theloh • Troke • Weeton|
- DSC novel: Desperate Hours
- DSC episode: "The Vulcan Hello"
- DSC episode: "Battle at the Binary Stars"