In 1989, Khan Noonien Singh shattered the Beta 5's plexiglass screen when he shot it with his Glock handgun after stealing information from the computer. (TOS novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1)
- The material is spelled "plexiglass" in all sources except The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1 in which it is called "Plexiglas", its trademark name. It is called "acrylic sheeting" in the novelization of The Voyage Home.
- TOS movie: The Voyage Home
- DS9 - Millennium novel: The Fall of Terok Nor
- TOS novels: Deep Domain, Double, Double
- TOS - My Brother's Keeper novel: Constitution
- ENT novelization: Broken Bow
- TNG novel: Here There Be Dragons
- ST - The Eugenics Wars novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1
- TOS comic: "The Legacy of Lazarus"