Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A prototype is a name that is applied to the first model of anything that is built. This prototype is built as a test-bed for the design, so that any problems can be worked out, so that other models can be produced.
In Starfleet, prototype starships are designated with an NX prefix. Should the prototype prove a success, the class of ships is usually named after the prototype. In some cases the prototype vessel's prefix was changed from NX to NCC after the vessel was placed in regular service. (TOS movies: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country )
Federation Starfleet prototypesEdit
- USS Ambassador (Ambassador-class)
- USS Archer (Archer-class)
- USS Constitution and USS Enterprise (Constitution-class)
- USS Daedalus (Daedalus-class)
- USS Damocles (Damocles-class) (disputed/illegal)
- USS Danube (Danube-class)
- USS Defiant (Defiant-class)
- USS Excelsior (Excelsior-class)
- USS Galaxy (Galaxy-class)
- USS Intrepid (Intrepid-class)
- USS Luna (Luna-class)
- USS Nebula (Nebula-class)
- USS Norway (Norway-class)
- USS Nova (Nova-class)
- USS Prometheus (Prometheus-class)
- USS Sovereign (Sovereign-class)
- USS Vesta (Vesta-class)