The Q Continuum is the extradimensional plane of existence that is home to the omnipotent race known as "the Q". The term is also used to refer collectively to the Q themselves.
The Q Continuum's true form cannot be perceived by humanoids, and thus will appear as analogues from the various cultures of anyone who visits it.
- In the year 2364, Q himself first described it to Commander William T. Riker, first officer of the Federation Starfleet starship USS Enterprise-D as "limitless dimensions of the galaxy in which we (the Q) exist". (TNG episode: "Hide and Q")
- In 2372, it was first perceived as a long, dusty road by Captain Kathryn Janeway and Lieutenant Tuvok of the USS Voyager. (VOY episode: "Death Wish")
- The following year, it was viewed as part of the American Civil War by the crew of Voyager. (VOY episode: "The Q and the Grey")
- When Doctor Selar was brought to the Q Continuum during the Q Civil War, she perceived it as the planet Tyrus III, a battlefront during the Vulcan-Romulan War. (NF short story: "'Q'uandary")
- In 2374, it was also seen as Times Square on New Year's Eve of 2000, as well as the 1940s world of Dixon Hill, by Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Lieutenant Commander Data of the USS Enterprise-E. (TNG novel: I, Q)
- In the audio production Spock vs. Q: The Sequel, Q implies that there is also a "P Continuum", and that the P can command the Q (as in "mind your P's and Q's").
List of QEdit
- female Q
- Colonel Q
- Other Q (TNG comic: "Q's Day!"):