The Q Continuum is the extradimensional plane of existence that is home to the omnipotent race known as "the Q." The term is also used to refer collectively to the Q themselves.
The Q Continuum cannot be perceived by humanoids as it truly exists, and thus will appear as analogues from the viewers' cultures.
- "Q" himself first described it to Commander Riker as, "Limitless dimensions of the galaxy in which we (the Q) exist." (TNG episode: "Hide and Q")
- It was first perceived as a long, dusty road by Kathryn Janeway and Tuvok (VOY episode: "Death Wish").
- Later, it was viewed as part of the American Civil War by the crew of the USS Voyager (VOY episode: "The Q and the Grey").
- When Selar was brought to the Q Continuum during the Q Civil War, she perceived it as the planet Tyrus III, a battlefront during the Vulcan-Romulan War. (NF short story: "'Q'uandary").
- It was also seen as Times Square on New Year's Eve of 2000, as well as the 1940s world of Dixon Hill; by Captain Picard and Data. (TNG novel: I, Q)
- In the audio production Spock vs. Q: The Sequel, Q implies that there is also a "P Continuum," and that the P can command the Q (as in "mind your P's and Q's").