"Q Factor" is the 3rd issue of DC Comics's 1988 TNG comic miniseries, written by Michael Carlin. This was the first part of a three issue Q story arc, illustrated by Pablo Marcos, Carlos Garzon and Arne Starr.
- Captain's log, stardate 42120.3
- Having successfully introduced the Creeg—a race of energy siphons—to our Federation on Tarod, the Enterprise makes its way on impulse power to Faltos, the first planet outside the charted periphery of Sector 902. That is, of course, if Faltos exists at all. She has always been more legend than certainty.
- Embarking on a newly issued assignment always leads to a mixture of emotions for my crew—most paradoxically anticipation and trepidation. Never knowing, yet needing to know what lies ahead drives us—and caution, governed by reason, keeps us returning home time after time.
- But to do any good at all in this day and age, the Federation needs factual information—and it's our job to bring it back.
- In this instance Faltos is the unknown that lies ahead—and barring any side-tracking, the Enterprise will tell the Federation what it needs to know by 42150.
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Michael Bickley • Patricia Bickley • Beverly Crusher • Wesley Crusher • Data • Reglech D'Pru • Gibson • Hahn • Geordi La Forge • Jean-Luc Picard • Q • William T. Riker • Deanna Troi • Turner • Worf, son of Mogh • Tasha Yar • unnamed Humans (Humans) • unnamed USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) personnel (USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) personnel)
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Sector 902, the galaxy's Alpha or Beta Quadrants
- Referenced only
- Tarod star system, the galaxy's Beta Quadrant) • Faltos • New Paris (Turkana IV, Turkana star system, the galaxy's Alpha or Beta Quadrants)
- USS Enterprise-D
- bridge • battle bridge • quarters • saucer section • sickbay • stardrive section • transporter room
Races and culturesEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
- combadge • deflector shield • holodeck • phaser • photon torpedo • sensors • starship • transporter • tricorder • viewscreen
Materials and substancesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- captain • chief medical officer • commander • commanding officer • counselor • doctor • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2350s-2360s) • first officer • flight controller • helmsman • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • lieutenant junior grade • medical practitioner • officer • operations manager • second officer • security chief • tactical officer • weapons officer
- anatomy • away team • beaming • boot • captain's log • captain's log, USS Enterprise-D • clothing • colony • day • energy • Fourth World mercenary uniform • government • humanoid • jumpsuit • language • law • lifeform • log entry • matter • nation-state • number one • orbit • pants • planet • quadrant • races and cultures • rank • saucer separation • slavery • space • star • star system • stardate • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2350s-2366) • technology • time • title • uniform • universe • Vandoorian snerg • weapon
- The Creeg encounter the Enterprise. (prior to issue)
- stardate 41195.7, 2364 (2360s chronology, Enterprise-D voyages)
- Enterprise travels towards Faltos.
- TNG episode: "Where No One Has Gone Before"
- TNG episode: "Symbiosis"
- TNG episode: "Legacy"
- TNG comic: "Spirit in the Sky!"
Stardates 42125.7 through 42150 given in the story, but the DC Comics TNG Timeline adjusts the stardate to 41195.7.
#2: Spirit in the Sky!
DC volume 1
#4: Q's Day
Spirit in the Sky!
Spirit in the Sky!
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|
Spirit in the Sky!
|Voyages of the|
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D)