Rhode Island is a region of the North American continent on the planet Earth, with boundaries that were created as the area was settled as a founding geopolitical subdivision of the United States of America nation.
Jonathan Archer referenced Rhode Island while suggested a geography game to Trip Tucker in the year 2152. Archer suggested a game to follow an example using the last alphabetical letter of each place name: "You say Amazon River which ends in an "R" and then I say Rhode Island". (ENT episode: "Desert Crossing")
The Tellarites, lacking a definitive sense of ship nomenclature, used names from other worlds' starships as names for their own vessels. The Rhode Island was such a vessel, named for the Earth locale. (TOS novel: Prime Directive)
|Geographical regions of the United States of America|
|States and districts||Alabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Cibola • Colorado • District of Columbia • Connecticut • Delaware • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming|
|Geographical and cultural regions||Midwest • New England • Pacific Northwest • The South|
- Rhode Island article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- Rhode Island article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Rhode Island article at DC Comics Database Project, the Wikia for DC Comics sources.
- Rhode Island article at Green Lantern Wiki, the Wikia for Green Lantern sources.
- Rhode Island article at Marvel Comics Database Project, the Wikia for Marvel Comics sources.