Sauria was the fourth planet of the Psi Serpentis star system in the Alpha Quadrant. It was the homeworld of the Saurian civilization and a member of the United Federation of Planets. (ST references: The Worlds of the Federation, Star Charts; ENT - Rise of the Federation novel: A Choice of Futures)
Before the Saurians had a unified planetary government, the Global League's name for their planet was Lyaksti'kton, while the M'Tezir called it N'Ragolar.First contact with Humans occurred in 2157, specifically when the crew of the Earth Cargo Service freighter, ECS Silk Road, made contact for supplies. As the various civilizations didn't have a common name for themselves, the Silk Road crew referred to them as Saurians. The name was eventually adopted as was the planet's name: Sauria.
By 2162, the Saurians had put their spaceflight knowledge to use and constructed at least two primitive space stations in orbit or their world. The Global League's orbital outpost was named Tai'sheku and the M'Tezir's M'Tezir One. Both of these stations hailed the USS Essex when it approached to make official Federation first contact. (ENT - Rise of the Federation novel: A Choice of Futures)
Notable Saurians include:
- Maltuvis, Basileus of M'Tezir in the 2160s.
- Moxat, Presider of the Global League in 2163.
- Razka, a veteran Starfleet non-commissioned officer whose career spanned over a century. He served on starships such as the USS Sagittarius and the USS Enterprise-E.
- Bazel, a Starfleet captain and commanding officer of the Luna-class USS Rhea.
- Aennik Okeg, elected President of the United Federation of Planets in 2392.