Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Seven Deadly Sins is a Star Trek prose anthology published by Pocket Books in March 2010. The book contains seven novellas, each exploring a major culture in Star Trek through the theme of the "seven deadly sins".
- From the back cover
- PRIDE. GREED. ENVY. WRATH. LUST. GLUTTONY. SLOTH.
- The Seven Deadly Sins delineate the path to a person’s downfall, the surest way to achieve eternal damnation. But there is a way out, a way to reclaim salvation: blame it on the demons—taunting you, daring you to embrace these sins—and you shall be free. The painful truth is that these impulses live inside all of us, inside all sentient beings. But alas, one person’s sin may be another being’s virtue.
- A Ferengi is measured by his acquisition of profit. "Reservoir Ferengi," by David A. McIntee, depicts the greed that drives that need.
- The Cardassians live in a resource-poor system, surrounded by neighbors who have much more. The envy at the heart of Cardassian drive is "The Slow Knife," by James Swallow.
- The Klingons have tried since the time of Kahless to harness their wrath with an honor code, but they haven’t done so, as evidenced in "The Unhappy Ones," by Keith R.A. DeCandido.
- Humans' darkest impulses run free in the Mirror Universe. "Freedom Angst," by Britta Burdett Dennison, illustrates the lust that drives many there.
- The Borg's desire to add to their perfection is gluttonous and deadly in "Revenant," by Marc D. Giller.
- Pride: Romulans - "The First Peer", by Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore
- Greed: Ferengi - "Reservoir Ferengi", by David McIntee
- Envy: Cardassians - "The Slow Knife", by James Swallow
- Wrath: Klingons - "The Unhappy Ones", by Keith R.A. DeCandido
- Lust: Mirror Universe - "Freedom Angst", by Britta Dennison
- Gluttony: Borg - "Revenant", by Marc D. Giller
- Sloth: Pakled - "Work Is Hard", by Greg Cox
- The book was first announced for release in August 2009, but was later delayed and pushed back to March 2010.
Shards and Shadows
|Star Trek anthologies||Next book:|
See individual stories
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
See individual stories