- An imbalance of dark matter has placed two realities in jeopardy, causing the separate universes to merge and threatening the stability of both realms. To preserve reality as it is known, the crew of the USS Voyager must defy a cosmic conspiracy and wrestle with shadows of the darkest degree!
- "Rescued" by strangers who may prove to be more dangerous than his original captors, Chakotay struggles to convince his new hosts of the danger posed by the mutated dark matter—and the killer, or killers, still hunting the villages where Tom Paris has been left behind. In their own reality, as Harry Kim loses his heart to an enigmatic visitor from the shadow universe, Captain Janeway and the rest of her crew continue their search for the hidden dark matter that could cause the entire cosmos to contract in a fatal convulsion. But whose side are the Romulans really on? And what surprising figure from Voyager's past holds the ultimate key to the fate of both universes?
- Chakotay • Kathryn Janeway • Jekri Kaleh • Harry Kim • Neelix • Tom Paris • Danara Pel • Telek R'Mor • Seven of Nine • Pektar Sirumal • B'Elanna Torres • Tuvok
- Referenced only
- Alpha Quadrant
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
- Referenced only
States and organizationsEdit
- Family of the Blade • Romulan Star Empire • Starfleet • Tal Shiar • United Federation of Planets • Vidiian Sodality
- anatomy • boot • clothing • dark matter • government • homeworld • hair • humanoid • jumpsuit • language • lifeform • matter • nation-state • pants • Phage • quadrant • races and cultures • rank • space • star • star system • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2366-2373) • technology • time • title • uniform • universe • weapon
- This is the final novel in the numbered Voyager line. All subsequent books will be released without numbers, unless they are in a mini-series.
|Voyager numbered novels||Next novel:|
last in series
Creative Couplings, Book 1
|The above chronology placements are based on the primary placement in 2376.|
The Pocket Books Timeline places events from this story in one other timeframe:
Wildfire, Book 2
Chapter 8, Section 6