The Original Series
The Next Generation
|Author(s):||David R. George III, Scott Pearson, Steve Mollmann & Michael Schuster|
|Published:||Trade paperback - December 2010|
Shattered Light is a Star Trek: Myriad Universes novel anthology published by Gallery Books in 2010. It is the third prose anthology in the series of alternate universe stories, and like the previous volumes includes three stories set in different alternate timelines at points throughout the Star Trek continuum.
- It’s been said that for any event, there are an infinite number of possible outcomes. Our choices determine which outcome will follow, and therefore all possibilities that could happen do happen across alternate realities. In these divergent realms, known history is bent, like white light through a shattered prism—broken into a boundless spectrum of what-might-have-beens. But in those myriad universes, what might have been . . . is what actually occurred.
- THE EMBRACE OF COLD ARCHITECTS. “Mister Worf—fire.” With those words, William T. Riker defeated the Borg—and destroyed Captain Jean-Luc Picard. Now, a heartsore Captain Riker must carry on the legacy of the commanding officer and friend whose death he ordered. But crises face him at every turn, from Cardassian aggression to the return of Data’s creator, Noonien Soong. But it is Data’s creation of a daughter, Lal, that may prove to be everyone’s undoing. . . .
- THE TEARS OF ERIDANUS. Commander Hikaru Sulu of the Kumari—finest ship of the Interstellar Guard, the military arm of the Interstellar Union that includes Andor, Earth, and Tellar—is sent to rescue an observation team on a primitive desert planet. The world has many names—40 Eridani A-II, Minshara, T’Khasi, Vulcan—and its savage natives have taken the team hostage, including Sulu’s daughter, Demora. Even as Captain Sulu negotiates with the fierce T’Pau, Demora meets the elderly S’oval, and with him the only hope for the planet’s future. . . .
- HONOR IN THE NIGHT. Former Federation president Nilz Baris has died. After losing Sherman’s Planet to the Klingons thanks to poisoned quadrotriticale, the agriculture undersecretary parlayed that defeat into years of political battles with the Klingon Empire, and eventually the Federation’s highest office. Now, the Federation News Service wants the story of his life, a quest that digs up many secrets — including the mystery of why his final words were “Arne Darvin.”
- The Embrace of Cold Architects, by David R. George III
- The Tears of Eridanus, by Steve Mollmann and Michael Schuster
- Honor in the Night, by Scott Pearson
See individual stories
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
See individual stories
Echoes and Refractions
|Myriad Universes prose anthologies||Next book:|
Most recent book
|Myriad Universes publications and stories|
|Prose||Infinity's Prism||"A Less Perfect Union" • "Places of Exile" • "Seeds of Dissent"|
|Echoes and Refractions||"The Chimes at Midnight" • "A Gutted World" • "Brave New World"|
|Shattered Light||"The Embrace of Cold Architects" • "The Tears of Eridanus" • "Honor in the Night"|
|Comics||The Last Generation||"Do Not Close Your Eyes" • "No Cure For That" • "What Happens Now" • "Inevitability" • "The End of History"|