Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Written by Rich Sternbach and Michael Okuda, the technical advisors to Star Trek: The Next Generation, the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual takes you on a guided tour through the new U.S.S. Enterprise. From the bridge to the shuttlebays, from the transporter room to crews' quarters, this book provides a never-before-seen glimpse at the inner workings of the most incredible Starship ever conceived by two of the designers who helped create it.
Full of diagrams, technical schematics, and ship's plans, the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual also takes a detailed look at the principles behind Star Trek's awesome technology -- from phasers to warp drive to the incredible holodeck!
A must for all fans, this is the one book that examines the full spectrum of technology behind the fantastic Star Trek: The Next Generation universe -- and gives fascinating behind-the-scenes glimpses into the making of the hit television show!
- 1.0 USS Enterprise Introduction
- 2.0 Spacecraft Structure
- 3.0 Command Systems
- 4.0 Computer Systems
- 5.0 Warp Propulsion Systems
- 6.0 Impulse Propulsion Systems
- 7.0 Utilities and Auxiliary Systems
- 8.0 Communications
- 9.0 Transporter Systems
- 10.0 Science and Remote Sensing Systems
- 11.0 Tactical Systems
- 12.0 Environmental Systems
- 13.0 Crew Support Systems
- 14.0 Auxiliary Spacecraft Systems
- 15.0 USS Enterprise Flight Operations
- 16.0 Emergency Operations
- 17.0 Conclusion
Starships and vehiclesEdit
ASRV • Captain's yacht • personnel shuttle • shuttlecraft • shuttlepod • Sphinx workpod • Type-6 shuttlecraft • Type-7 shuttlecraft • Type-9A shuttlecraft • Type-15 shuttlepod • Type-15A shuttlepod • Type-16 shuttlepod
Alpha Centauri colony • Antares Ship Yards • Earth • Earth Station McKinley • Epsilon Quinonez sector • Gourami sector • Mars • Milky Way Galaxy • Mutara sector • Narendra • Pluto • Rangifer II • Rigel IV • San Francisco Fleet Yards • Sol system • Starbase 326 • Starfleet Headquarters • Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards • Velikan V
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Advanced Starship Design Bureau • Klingon Empire • Starfleet • Starfleet Academy • Starfleet Command • Starfleet Regulatory Agency • Starfleet Spacecraft Design Advisory Commission • United Federation of Planets
augmented personnel module • away team • battle bridge • battle section • Cerenkov radiation • connecting interhull • Doppler compensator • Earth-Romulan War • emergency pressure garment • engineering hull • External Support Mode • extravehicular activity • Federation Starfleet insignia • first contact • frumium monocarbonite • Heisenberg compensator • Khitomer Conference • library computer • LCARS • linguacode • low pressure environment garment • matter/antimatter reaction assembly • Planck time • Prime Directive • probe • red alert • saucer section • standard extravehicular work garment • Starfleet Life Contact Policy Directive • starbase • starship • subspace tranceiver • Transwarp Development Project • universal translator • Whale Probe • yellow alert
- 2061, Zefram Cochrane and his engineering team produced a fluctuation superimpeller, a precursor to warp drive.
- 2215, development of the photon torpedo began.
- 2245, the USS Enterprise was commissioned.
- 2271, a different type of photon torpedo was introduced. The basic configuration was still in use until the late 24th century.
- 2277, the Enterprise emblem was adopted as the official insignia of Starfleet.
- 2284, the Enterprise was assigned to Starfleet Academy as a training vessel.
- 2285, the Enterprise was destroyed in the Mutara sector.
- 2286, the USS Enterprise-A was commissioned.
- 2337 the USS Hokkaido was the first starship to be fitted with ASRVs.
- 2243, the Galaxy Class Starship Development Project was officially approved.
- 6 July, the original warp propulsion system specifications for the Galaxy Class Project were transmitted to Utopia Planitia.
- 2344, the USS Enterprise-C was lost at Narendra III defending a Klingon outpost from a Romulan attack.
- 24 December, revised propulsion, systems and structural specifications for the Galaxy Class Project were sent to Utopia Planitia designers.
- 2350, 3 June, the first two spaceframe components of the USS Enterprise-D were gamma-welded together.
- 2356, 16 April, the first complete computer model of the Enterprise was tested at Utopia Planitia.
- 2363, 4 October, the USS Enterprise-D was offically commissioned.
|Star Trek: The Next Generation reference works|
|In-universe||Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual • USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D Blueprints • Q's Guide to the Continuum|
|Real-world||Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion • Make-Up FX Journal • The Making of Star Trek: First Contact • Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Continuing Mission • Star Trek: The Next Generation Sketchbook: The Movies|