Star Trek Timelines is a roleplaying (RPG) and strategy game based on every era of Star Trek, including the Original Series and Next Generation feature films. It's in development for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android phones and tablets, and web browsers.
Developed by Disruptor Beam, the game allows you to command a starship and assemble a crew of your favorite Star Trek characters while steering the fate of the galaxy through diplomacy, science and force of arms.
Set after the events of Star Trek Nemesis and Star Trek: Voyager's series finale, Star Trek Timelines begins as the player captains their first starship command to investigate an unknown temporal anomaly. Upon arriving at the anomaly, the player meets Q, who immediately explains that a full-on temporal crisis has begun throwing people, places, and objects from other timelines (including the Mirror Universe) into this one.
Star Trek Timelines lets players recruit characters from all eras of the Star Trek TV series, including Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, plus the Original Series and Next Generation movies. Players take on the role of Captain, in command of their first starship (a Constellation class starship, just like Jean-Luc Picard's first command.) Soon, players must recruit crew and build starships from across the timelines in order to aid Q by sending crew on Away Missions, engaging in Starship Battles, and completing main missions to progress the story and choose which game factions take further control of a galaxy in chaos.
Away Missions Edit
One of the primary ways to progress in the game (including Starship Battles) an Away Mission is when the player sends a team of three characters out to complete a challenge. Each step of an Away Mission will require a character with the appropriate skill level and proficiency: diplomatic, scientific, medical, engineering, security, and command. Certain characters will even be able to unlock special steps on an Away Mission for rare rewards. Each Away Mission has three levels of difficulty: normal, elite, and epic.
Starship Battles Edit
Described as, "real-time conflicts between two starships and their respective crew." Before a starship battle, the player assigns 1-5 characters to a starship's battle station. Each character, when placed in a battle station, is able to temporarily increase the output of a ship. Currently, this is represented by three core stats: Damage, Accuracy, and Evasion.
Officially announced in April 2014, Star Trek Timelines is a 3D/2D game built in Unity 5. Its first live demo was at PAX East 2015, and the first playable tutorial experience was later debuted at Star Trek Las Vegas 2015.
Story and settingEdit
Set after the events of Star Trek Nemesis and Star Trek: Voyager's series finale, Star Trek Timelines begins as the player captains their first starship command to investigate an unknown temporal anomaly.
Upon arriving at the anomaly, the player meets Q, who immediately explains that a full-on temporal crisis has begun throwing people, places, and objects from other timelines (including the mirror universe) into this one.
Star Trek referencesEdit
As a licensed CBS product, Star Trek Timelines contains many examples and references to characters, starships, organizations, and even specific episodes within the Star Trek universe.
Due to the temporal anomaly element of the game story, Star Trek Timelines features a great many instances of iconic and infamous characters to recruit. This list is therefore incomplete:
- Winn Adami • Teero Anaydis • Bareil Antos • Jonathan Archer • B'Etor • Julian Bashir • Brunt • The Caretaker • Kimara Cretak • Wesley Crusher • Zefram Cochrane • B'Elanna Torres • Bones • Data • Ezri Dax • Jadzia Dax • The Doctor • Donik • Skrain Dukat • Michael Eddington • Garak • Gint • Gowron • Haron • Ishka • Kathryn Janeway • Kahless the Unforgettable • Kruge • Khan • James T. Kirk • Lore • Lursa • Martok, son of Urthog • Travis Mayweather • Leonard McCoy • Molor • Morn • Crell Moset • Neelix • Kira Nerys • Kira Nerys (mirror) • Nog • Keiko O'Brien • Miles O'Brien • Miles O'Brien • Odo • Alyssa Ogawa • Tom Paris • Phlox • Jean-Luc Picard • Katherine Pulaski • Q • Quark • Telek R'Mor • Remata'Klan • Reyga • William T. Riker • Rom • Alexander Rozhenko • Hoshi Sato • Seven of Nine • Sela • Serova • Thy'lek Shran • Benjamin Sisko • Benjamin Sisko • Jake Sisko • Spock • Spock (mirror) • Hikaru Sulu • Hikaru Sulu • T'Pol • Tomalak • Traveler • Tuvix • Nyota UhuraVash • Weyoun • Worf, son of Mogh • Worf (mirror)
- USS Enterprise • USS Enterprise-D • Bird of Prey • USS Defiant (NCC-75633-C) • Galor class • D'kora • Borg Cube • Maquis Raider • USS Voyager • Intrepid class • Constellation class • Constitution class • Galaxy class • Defiant class • HMS Bounty • USS Enterprise-E
Planets and Locations Edit
- Cold Station 12 • Vulcan • Genesis system (Genesis Planet • Regula I • Regula) • Deep Space 9 • Spacedock • Earth • Qo'noS system (Qo'noS • K'Thar • K'lai Klinzhai) • Trill system (Trill • Trillius Prime) • Ceti Alpha system (Ceti Alpha V • Ceti Alpha VI) • P'Jem • Bajor • Quirinus system • Alpha Onias I • K'lai Klinzhai • Valo system (Valo II) • Dopteria • Cytheria • Delta Quadrant • Omicron Theta • Neutral Zone • Denobula Triaxia system (Denobula Triaxa A • [Denobula]]) • Cor Caroli system (Cor Caroli II • Cor Caroli V) • Ventarus Idrilon system (Ventarus Idrilon I) • Terra Nova system (Terra Nova, Eta Cassiopeia, Algus) • Pollux system (Pollux IV) • Xindus system (Xindus) • Cardassian system (Cardassia IV • Cardassia Prime) • Amleth system (Loval) • Badlands (Athos IV) • Bajor system (Bajor) • Nimbus • N'Vak system (N'Vak) • galaxy • Taranko colony • Hekaran Corridor
- Enervation web • molybdenum • Positronic brain • Augment • Klingon • Romulan • Kot'baval • Maquis • Bajoran • Cardassian • Javert • CMO • LCARS • neural net • Nog • Moogie • Kazon • Jal • Ferengi Traditionalists • Cytherian • black hole • resonant graviton beam • matter flux • Iconian gateway • Debrune • Iconian • Tal'Shiar • DNA • Grand Nagus • Klingon High Council • Hirogen • time portal • Reman • Romulan War • Starbase 12 • Gaia Station • Third • ensign • captain • command wrap • lieutenant • Technician • desert • commander • judge • general • clone • KDF • Nexus • empress • tailor • sniper • security chief • constable • commando • prisoner • Vedek • Tantalus Field • Terran Empire • Agony Booth • Casanova • Away team • Robin Hood • Ferengi Alliance • Latinum • Agonizer • Admiral • Holodeck • Warp core breach
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4tBSVdlDro&feature=youtu.be
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.disruptorbeam.com/games/star-trek-timelines-game-guide
- ↑ https://www.disruptorbeam.com/media/entry/disruptor-beam-set-to-launch-upcoming-social-game-star-trek-timelines
- ↑ http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2015/03/06/disruptor-beams-star-trek-timelines-demo-at-pax-east-2015/
- ↑ https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/fans-react-star-trek-timelines-at-stlv-2015