- For other uses, see Starfleet Academy.
| Star Trek:|
|Series:||The Original Series|
|Platform(s):||PC and Mac|
|Published:||August 31, 1997|
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy was released by Interplay in 1997, and provided fans with the first 3D starship flight simulator for PC, along with a movie-based storyline featuring original characters taught by instructors, including three legendary characters from the Classic Star Trek universe.
In this computer game, released in 1997, by Interplay, you are a cadet at Starfleet Academy taking command classes, where you go through simulator training. To pass you have to accomplish at least 75% of the mission goal. If you don't pass it still shows you what job you will end up with. One of the simulator missions is the dreaded Kobayashi Maru, while others are based on the exploits of Kirk's Enterprise. For instance, there is a simulation recreation of Battle of the Mutara Nebula, that Captain Kirk notes ruefully is used to reinforce the need to take the proper defensive precautions when encountering a non-communicative ship he neglected in the actual incident.
Versions were released for the IBM PC and the Macintosh and a similar game, Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator was released on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1994 and Sega Genesis 32X in 1995.
- William Shatner as James T. Kirk
- George Takei as Hikaru Sulu
- Walter Koenig as Pavel Chekov
- Christopher Weeks as Aex Rotherot
- Pete Kluge as David Forester
- Brett Donowho as Sturek, son of Stoon
- Julianna Robinson as Vanda M'Giia
- Allan Lewis as Geoffery Corin
- Chuck Beyer as Robin Brady
- Patricia Skeriotis as Jana Akton
- Pete Flanders as Frank Malan
- Leslie Danon as Faith Gage
- Captain Reynolds (SNES version)
- Forester's bridge simulation group
- Alshoff (PC version)
- Automated Command Unit One
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A)
- USS Tempest (NCC-1852)
- USS Banting
- USS Ranger (NCC-1707)
- USS Paris (NCC-2008)
- USS Columbia (NCC-2002) (in Chekov's Lost Missions)
- USS Agincourt (NCC-1813)
- USS Alexandria (NCC-1842)
- USS B'intok
- USS Kelly
- USS Maine
- USS Rutherford
- USS Roma (NCC-2010) (in Chekov's Lost Missions)
- USS Apollo (NCC-1725) (in Chekov's Lost Missions)
- USS Demeter (NCC-26295)
- USS Truong
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy: Chekov's Lost Missions is a little Add-on for SFA (released in 1998) which includes, as the title suggests, 7 new missions (with FMV briefings), which were (obviously) originally supposed to be in the final version of SFA, 2 new multiplayer missions, an update patch and other improvements.