Layout and specificationsEdit
The thick disc-shaped primary hull was surrounded by six equidistant spherical starship docking bays, which were in turn linked together by an outer ring. The primary hull was divided into six wedge-shaped segments, numbered B1 to B6. A spherical structure which contained a high resolution sensor array, topped with a beacon antenna, was located in the center of the dorsal surface. A similar structure was located in the center of the ventral surface. The outer ring housed the station's deflector shield arrays, and a large phaser turret was situated on the outer edge of each docking bay. (TOS reference: Star Fleet Technical Manual)
The Star Fleet Headquarters space station first appeared in Franz Joseph's Star Fleet Technical Manual published in 1975. Forty-one years later, in 2016, it featured in Doug Drexler's center spread of the Ships of the Line 2017 calendar, and in Dusty Abell's Star Trek The Original Series poster for the 50 Artists 50 Years exhibition.
- TOS reference: Star Fleet Technical Manual
- Ships of the Line calendar 2017 center spread: One Big Happy Fleet
- 50th Anniversary Official 2017 Calendar, January: Star Trek The Original Series
- 50 Artists. 50 Years. 2017 calendar, January: Star Trek The Original Series
- ST reference: 50 Artists 50 Years