|Strange New Worlds I|
|Series:||Strange New Worlds, No. 1|
|Editor(s):|| Dean Wesley Smith |
with John J. Ordover & Paula M. Block
|Published:||Paperback and eBook - July 1998|
The first anthology of short stories written by fans.
Back Cover TextEdit
Here's what you, the fans, have demanded for decades! An anthology featuring original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek: Voyager stories written by Star Trek fans, for Star Trek fans!
After a lengthy competition that drew thousands of submissions, these astounding stories, written exclusively by brand-new authors, were selected for their originality and style.
These eighteen fantastic tales rocket across the length and breadth of Federation time and space, from when Captain Kirk explored the galaxy on the first Starship Enterprise, through Captain Picard's USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) and Captain Sisko's Deep Space Nine to Captain Janeway's Voyager, with many fascinating stops along the way.
- "A Private Anecdote," by Landon Cary Dalton (Grand Prize)
- "The Last Tribble," by Keith L. Davis
- "The Lights in the Sky," by Phaedra M. Weldon (Third Prize)
- "Reflections," by Dayton Ward
Star Trek: The Next GenerationEdit
- "What Went Through Data's Mind 0.68 Seconds Before the Satellite Hit," by Dylan Otto Krider
- "The Naked Truth," by Jerry M. Wolfe
- "The First," by Peg Robinson
- "See Spot Run," by Kathy Oltion
- "Together Again, for the First Time," by Bobbie Benton Hull
- "Civil Disobedience," by Alara Rogers
- "Of Cabbages and Kings," by Franklin Thatcher (Second Prize)
Star Trek: Deep Space NineEdit
Star Trek: VoyagerEdit
- "Good Night, Voyager," by Patrick Cumby
- "Ambassador at Large," by J. A. Rosales
- "Fiction," by jaQ Andrews
- "I, Voyager," by Jackee C.
- "Monthuglu", by Craig D. B. Patton
Because We CanEdit
- "The Man Who Sold the Sky," by John J. Ordover
- "The Girl Who Controlled Gene Kelly's Feet," by Paula M. Block