- For the actual rules in Ferengi culture see Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.
|The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition|
|Series:||Deep Space Nine|
|Author(s):||Ira Steven Behr|
|Published:||Paperback - July 1995|
Want to increase your profits? Sure, we all do!
The Ferengi are greedy, avaricious, ruthless, cowardly and completely unscrupulous -- the ultimate role models for today's business people and anyone out to make a profit. They are also the breakout stars of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
For centuries the famous Ferengi Rules of Acquisition have been the guiding principles of the galaxy's most successful entrepreneurs. Now the power and the wisdom of these rules are available to everyone.
#1 "Once you have their money, never give it back."
#21 "Never place friendship before profit."
These rules and dozens more have taken many successful Ferengi to new frontiers of profit. Now it's your turn.
Races and culturesEdit
- The Ferengi Guide to Sexual Fulfillment: The Joys of Oo-moxing • Ferengi Rules of Acquisition • Grand Nagus of the Ferengi Alliance • Hupyrian beetle snuff • latinum • movie • oo-mox • Quark's Ferengi Rules of Acquisition
- The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition gives several new rules that were never heard in the series.
- Legends of the Ferengi is a sequel to the book, giving background information on the rules. In that book, The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition is used as an illustration of Rule #82: "The flimsier the product, the higher the price."
- Quark mentions that he is a "slayer of Klingons", a reference to the episode "The House of Quark". Quark also describes himself as a "Confronter of Prophets", a reference to "Prophet Motive".