|The Gamesters of Triskelion|
|Series:||The Original Series|
|Written by:||Margaret Armen|
|Directed by:||Gene Nelson|
|Novelization in:||Star Trek 12 by James Blish|
|First aired:||5 January 1968|
The Gamesters of Triskelion was the seventeenth episode of the second season of Star Trek: The Original Series.
- Captain's log, stardate 3211.7
- We are entering standard orbit about Gamma II, an uninhabited planetoid with an automatic communications and astrogation station. Ensign Chekov, Lieutenant Uhura, and I will beam down and make a routine check of its facilities.
- Captain's log, stardate 3211.8
- While beaming down from the Enterprise to inspect facilities on Gamma II, the normal transporter sequence has been interrupted, and we find ourselves on a strange and hostile planet, surrounded by creatures belonging to races scattered all through the galaxy.
- Captain's log, stardate 3212.2
- First Officer Spock in command. The captain, Lieutenant Uhura, and Ensign Chekov have been missing for nearly two hours. Computer probability projections are useless due to insufficient data.
- Captain's log, supplemental. Stardate… unknown
- Our strange captivity continues. This planet is called Triskelion. We do not know its location. We do not know who controls it. Its dangers… are abundantly clear.
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Clifford Brent • Pavel Chekov • Galt • Hadley • Jana Haines • James T. Kirk • Kloog • Lars • Roger Lemli • Ed Leslie • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Shahna • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Tamoon • Nyota Uhura • Providers • unnamed Triskelion thralls • unnamed USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) personnel (yeoman)
- Referenced only
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
- Andorian • Human (African • Cossack • Russian • Scottish) • Providers • thrall • Vulcan • unnamed races and cultures
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
- collar of obedience • communicator • computer • dagger • mêlée weapon • phaser • phaser pistol • Sestra phaser II • starship • transporter • tricorder • type-2 phaser • warp drive
Ranks and titlesEdit
- captain • chief engineer • chief medical officer • commander • commanding officer • communications officer • doctor • drill thrall • engineer • ensign • first officer • helmsman • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • master thrall • navigator • officer • science officer • sergeant • yeoman
- animal • astrogation • atom • beam • beverage • bird • captain's log • clothing • communications • devil • electromagnetism • energy • first contact • food • freestyle match • gambling • goose • government • hand-to-hand combat • heaven • herd • hour • humanoid • hydrogen • ion • ionic interference • landing party • lifeform • light-year • lion • log entry • love • magnetic storm • matter • meter • mile • mutiny • nation-state • nourishment • odds • orbit • planet • planetoid • quatloo • races and cultures • rank • rock • slavery • space • star • star system • stardate • technology • title • training harness • trinary star • Triad • trinary star • trisec • water • weapon • whip
- 2268 (stardate 3211)
- Enterprise attempts to dispatch a team to Gamma II.
- TOS - Strange New Worlds I short story: "The Lights in the Sky" (Shahna and Triskelion also appeared in this adventure)
A Private Little War
|TOS episode produced||Next episode:|
The Trouble with Tribbles
|TOS episode aired||Next episode:|
A Piece of the Action
Patterns of Force
|Star Trek 12||Next story:|
And the Children Shall Lead
To Reign in Hell: The Exile of Khan Noonien Singh
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|
Beneath the Skin
|Voyages of the |
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
(2264 to 2270)