|The Khitomer Conflict|
|Series:||The Original Series (IDW ongoing), No. 25|
|Miniseries:||The Khitomer Conflict, No. 1|
|Colorist(s):||Sakti Yowono and Ifansyak Noor of Stellar Labs|
|Letterer(s):||Tom B. Long|
|Creative Consultant:||Roberto Orci (story consultant)|
|Date:||2261 (alternate reality)|
"The Khitomer Conflict, Part 1" was the twenty-fifth issue of IDW Publishing's ongoing series of Star Trek comics, published September 2013. Colors and lettering by Sakti Yowono and Ifansyak Noor of Stellar Labs. This comic was edited by Sarah Gaydos, with Roberto Orci credited as story consultant.
- STORY SO FAR...
- In the aftermath of Star Trek Into Darkness, the USS Enterprise embarks on a new Five-year mission of exploration. Meanwhile, the remnants of Starfleet's black-ops division Section 31 have been laying the groundwork for a war between the Romulan and Klingon Empires, hoping that the conflict between the two enemies will tip the balance of power in the galaxy in the Federation's favor...
Klingons are constructing a new colony on the planet Khitomer. Khitomer is then attacked by the Romulans.
- Captain's log, stardate 2261.147.
- The Enterprise is docked at Deep Space K-11 as we make final preparations for our journey into uncharted space. When we leave here we'll be on our own. This is one last chance for the crew to make any calls back to Earth- or whichever planet they call home- before we're out of reach of any subspace relays. And one last chance for the Enterprise to pick up new crew.
At Deep Space Station K-11, Sulu finds out that his sister, Yuki, will be joining the crew of the Enterprise. Just as the Enterprise is about to leave, Uhura picks up a distress call from Khitomer. Meanwhile, Section 31 and Romulan Commander L'Nar talk about what will happen once the Klingon Empire is destroyed. Kirk leads a landing party to Khitomer and is caught by Kor. Meanwhile, the Enterprise is facing Klingon ships. It seems that Kor has arrested Kirk and his landing party, and the Federation and the Klingons might end up in a war.
- Pavel Chekov • Decius • Kai • James T. Kirk • Kor • L'Nar • Carol Marcus • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Yuki Sulu • Nyota Uhura
- Referenced only
- Alexander Marcus • Khan Noonien Singh
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- Federation Starfleet • Klingon Empire • Romulan Empire • Section 31
- Referenced only
- Starfleet Academy • Starfleet Command
Technology and weaponsEdit
- comm • communicator • phaser • shields • subspace relay • transporter • universal translator • warp core
Ranks and titlesEdit
- black-ops • captain's log • Class M planet • colony • distress call • Imperial day • Klingon • landing party • solar cycle • stardate
- TOS movie: Star Trek Into Darkness - Kirk previously did an incursion on Q'o'nos which is why he is wanted by the Klingons.
- TOS comic: "After Darkness" - The Romulans attack Khitomer and use the Enterprise as a distraction while they launch a surprise attack.
- TOS movies: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier - Kirk is wanted by the Klingons. This is borrowed from Star Trek IV and Star Trek V.
IDW Star Trek, Issue 24
|The Original Series (IDW series)||next comic:|
The Khitomer Conflict, Part 2
- The Khitomer Conflict, Part 1 article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- PREVIEW: Klingons vs. Romulans In IDW's New Trek Miniseries at StarTrek.com, the official Star Trek website