Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
Cover by Erfan Fajar
|Series:||The Original Series (IDW ongoing), No. 28|
|Miniseries:||The Khitomer Conflict, No. 4|
|Creative Consultant:||Roberto Orci|
|Date:||2261 (alternate reality)|
The Khitomer Conflict, Part 4 was the twenty-eighth issue of IDW Publishing's 2011 ongoing series of Star Trek comics. The issue is the conclusion in stories about a Klingon-Romulan conflict, by writer Mike Johnson, releasing in December 2013. Issue art was by Erfan Fajar, with Roberto Orci credited as creative consultant.
Yuki Sulu talks about her best friend, T'Pan, who was killed when Vulcan was destroyed. Yuki is worried that Earth will end up like Vulcan if Section 31 does not act. Just then, the Romulans arrive with the red matter. The Enterprise tries to escape. Commander L'Nar argues with Section 31 about the Enterprise. On Qo'noS, the chancellor refuses to surrender. Section 31 betrays the Romulans. Captain Kirk has some better ideas. The Romulans try to capture the Enterprise, but Section 31 intervenes to stop them and betrays the Romulans. Kirk convinces Yuki that destroying Qo'nos will not end the threat of a possible Klingon attack. In fact, it will make the threat worse. In the process, Captain Kirk reconciles with the Klingons. Kirk suggests using the red matter as a threat to prevent an attack on Earth. The entirety of Section 31 ultimately agrees. The Romulan ships are set by Section 31 to self-destruct. While war against between the Federation and the Klingons is now unlikely, it is more likely that the Klingons would prefer war with the Romulans/Section 31 then lets Captain Kirk go back to the Enterprise with his crew. Captain Kirk, who hates Section 31, is worried that all that Section 31 has done was bring about a war that could ruin all three nations. Kirk and Sulu wonder how Sulu's parents will react to what Yuki has done.
Captain's Log, Stardate 2261.168 We have debriefed Starfleet on the events that unfolded in the wake of the Khitomer attack. In light of extraordinary circumstances, Commander Spock has been absolved of any charges of insubordination after he returned to Qo'nos in violation of orders. Now we wait, and we wonder. We wait for the ripples of this latest conflict to play out across the galaxy. And we wonder if peace between all civilizations is ever possible. In such a time of uncertainty - of fear -, it is more important than ever that the Enterprise returns to her original mission. To seek out. To explore. To find new possibilities. We go with a spirit that is the opposite of fear. We go with hope. And when we go, we go boldly.
- Pavel Chekov • Kai • James T. Kirk • L'Nar • Klingon Chancellor • Montgomery Scott • Hikaru Sulu • Yuki Sulu • T'Pan •Nyota Uhura • Zahra
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- communications officer • Klingon Chancellor • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • chief medical officer • doctor • helmsman • officer • weapons officer • terrorist • cadet • commander
- energy • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (alternate 2250s) • galaxy • government • gravity • humanoid • lifeform •nation-state • races and cultures • rank • space • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (alternate reality) • technology • time • title • uniform • universe • warp factor • year • crush • subspace static • Away team • Flagship
- TOS comics: "The Khitomer Conflict, Part 1", "The Khitomer Conflict, Part 2", "The Khitomer Conflict, Part 3" - This is a continuation of the previous story.
- TOS comic: "The Return of the Archons, Part 1" - Sulu recounts how he refused to join Section 31.
- TOS movie: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country - Captain Kirk reconciles with the Klingons.
- TOS movie, novelization & comic adaptation: Star Trek - Vulcan is destroyed by the Narada.
- TOS video game: D-A-C - The destruction of the Romulan ships could well explain the conflict between the Federation and the Romulans in the video game.
The Khitomer Conflict, Part 3
|The Original Series (IDW series)||next comic:|
Parallel Lives, Part 1