"The Khitomer Conflict, Part 2" was the twenty-sixth issue of IDW Publishing's ongoing series of Star Trek comics, published September 2013. Colors and lettering by Sakti Yowono and Ifansyak Noor of Stellar Labs. This comic was edited by Sarah Gaydos, with Roberto Orci credited as story consultant.
- STORY SO FAR...
- In the aftermath of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS, the USS Enterprise has embarked on a five year mission of exploration... only to find themselves pulled into a widening conflict between the Romulan and Klingon Empires! Captain Kirk and his away team have been captured by the Klingons after responding to a distress call from the colony at Khitomer, leaving Commander Spock at the helm of the Enterprise. Meanwhile, agents of the mysterious Section 31 scheme with the Romulans to eliminate the Klingon threat once and for all...
Kor gives the Enterprise back its chief medical officer, Dr. McCoy. The Enterprise then escapes. Kirk is questioned by Kor, and they argue. Meanwhile, L'Nar meets with Section 31 to discuss how Section 31 to approach them undetected. It turns out to be a cloaking device like the one the Romulans use, only better. The Commander-in-Chief of Starfleet has convened a special summit to discuss the situation. He will not allow the Enterprise to leave out of fear of more provocation.
On the Klingon flagship, Kirk and Kor are arguing about Khan Noonien Singh. Kor does not believe Kirk entirely. Kirk suggests that the Romulans are trying to frame him. Kor does not believe it because he is unaware of the Romulans being able to destroy Khitomer. Meanwhile, Uhura wants to go back to Q'o'nos, but Spock refuses. Kor takes Kirk and his landing party prisoner. Just then, Q'o'nos is attacked. Kirk and his landing party break out and are just in time to meet Kor while Romulans bombard Q'o'nos. Kor believes it is the Federation, but Kirk convinces him that whoever attacked Khitomer and is now attacking Q'o'nos is not the Federation. It is Section 31 and the Romulans.
- Richard Barnett • Pavel Chekov • Decius • James T. Kirk • Kai • Kor • Carol Marcus • Leonard McCoy • L'Nar • Montgomery Scott • Hikaru Sulu • Yuki Sulu • Spock • Nyota Uhura • Zahra
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
- communicator • phaser • subspace relay • warp core • transporter • comm • shield • universal translator
Ranks and titlesEdit
- captain • commander • commanding officer • engineer • first officer • lieutenant • officer • science officer • technician
- black-ops • stardate • colony • solar cycle • Imperial day • captain's log • Klingon • Distress call • Class M planet • landing party • honor
For some reason, the Enterprise is labeled "NCC-1701-D" on the issue cover.
- TOS movie: Star Trek Into Darkness - Kirk previously did an incursion into Q'o'nos which is why he is wanted by the Klingons.
- TOS comic: "After Darkness" - The Romulans attack Q'o'nos with Section 31's help.
- TOS movie: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country - Kirk is arrested for incursion into Klingon space. He is very soon found to be innocent. This is borrowed from Star Trek VI.
- TOS episode: "Errand of Mercy" - The Federation and the Klingon Empire nearly end up in a war.
- TOS comic: "The Khitomer Conflict, Part 1" - This issue is a continuation of the previous one.
The Khitomer Conflict, Part 1
|The Original Series (IDW series)||next comic:|
The Khitomer Conflict, Part 3