Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
IDW The Khitomer Conflict, Part 3 is the twenty-seventh issue of IDW Publishing's 2011 ongoing series of Star Trek comics. The issue is the continuation in stories about a Klingon-Romulan conflict, by writer Mike Johnson, releasing in November 2013. Issue art was by Erfan Fajar, with Roberto Orci credited as creative consultant.
- STORY SO FAR...
- The Romulan Empire, aided by remnants of Section 31, attacked the Klingon colony at Khitomer in order to provoke a wider conflict. The Enterprise responded to a distress call from the colony to help survivors, but Kirk and the away team were captured by Klingons who blamed Kirk for the attack. Spock ordered the Enterprise back to Federation space to await orders, leaving Kirk and the others at the mercy of the Klingons... and the newly-arrived agents of Section 31!
- Acting Captain's Log, Stardate 2261.169
- The Enterprise has departed Deep Space Station K-11 and is now monitoring the border of Klingon space closest to our position. Captain Kirk and four crew-members remain captives of the Klingon Empire Starfleet Command has forbidden any attempt to rescue them, aware that such action could lead to the out break of full-scale war. Various diplomatic solutions are being considered by Starfleet, in the hopes that their release can be achieved peacefully. I am increasingly convinced that such a result is unlikely.
While Spock and McCoy argue, Kirk and his landing party argue about what to do. A distrustful Kor is more willing to let Kirk die than be taken away by Section 31. Just then, Kor is shot, and Kirk and his party are taken aboard a Romulan warbird.Meanwhile, Spock realizes that Section 31 is back and decides to go to Q'o'nos. The Enterprise arrives just as the Klingons and the Romulans are engaging in a battle. Kirk and the Enterprise side with the Klingons in that moment. On the Enterprise, Kirk and Spock realize that the Klingons are going to use red matter to destroy Q'o'nos. Kirk returns to the Klingon homeworld and attacks the Section 31 squad. Kirk is determined to stop them. Just then, Yuki Sulu arrives and reveals that she is working for Section 31.
- Pavel Chekov • Kai • Kor • James T. Kirk • L'Nar • Carol Marcus • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Yuki Sulu • Nyota Uhura • Zahra
- Referenced only
- Alexander Marcus
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- energy • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (alternate 2250s) • galaxy • government • gravity • humanoid • lifeform •nation-state • races and cultures • rank • space • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (alternate reality) • technology • time • title • uniform • universe • warp factor • year
- TOS comic: "Vulcan's Vengeance" - Red matter is mentioned.
- TOS movie: Star Trek Into Darkness - McCoy mentions the Enterprise's past experience with the Klingons.
- TOS comic: "After Darkness" - Section 31 and the Romulans have plotted to destroy the Klingons.
- TOS comics: "The Khitomer Conflict, Part 1", "The Khitomer Conflict, Part 2" - This is a continuation of the previous story.
- TOS movie: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country - Captain Kirk is betrayed by one of his crew-members.
"The Khitomer Conflict, Part 2"
|The Original Series (IDW series)||next comic:|
"The Khitomer Conflict, Part 4"