Death grazes the Enterprise crew when 10,000-year-old mummies come to life!
- James T. Kirk • Spock • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Hikaru Sulu • Manning • Moria Starr • Stephen Mohr • Asherman • Levitz • Williams • Jennings • Romulan commander with eyepatch • unnamed Romulans • unnamed USS Enterprise personnel • unnamed Heitians
- Referenced only
- Pavel Chekov
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- USS Enterprise (Constitution-class) • Galileo (NCC-1701/7) (II) (class F shuttlecraft) • Romulan ship
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- The mummies in this particular story are, in a number of ways, similar to the Borg.
- Spock appears on the cover of this issue inexplicably wearing an operations division redshirt, rather than his normal blue sciences division shirt.
- Chekov is referred to as "security officer" in this story, foreshadowing a role he would later assume in canon productions. Although paged by name to the briefing room, he neither appears nor has any dialogue in this issue.
- The crewman shown being attacked on the cover is wearing a red shirt, however, the only person in the story to be attacked in that manner was Jennings, who wore a command division yellow shirt.
- TOS episode: "Balance of Terror" – Starfleet's first encounter with Romulan Commander Keras in the 23rd century, at the Romulan Neutral Zone by the Enterprise.
- TOS episode: "The Enterprise Incident" – Encounter with Romulan Commander Liviana Charvanek at the Romulan border.
#20: A World Gone Mad
| Star Trek: The Original Series|
#22: Siege in Superspace