Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
"The Q Gambit, Part 1" was the 35th issue of IDW Publishing's 2011 ongoing series of Star Trek comics, written by Mike Johnson. This is the first of six parts in The Q Gambit story arc, illustrated by Tony Shasteen.
- Previously in Star Trek…
- Following the events of Star Trek Into Darkness, the USS Enterprise has embarked on a new five-year mission of discovery. En route to the unexplored star system Menzies 216, Captain Kirk and his crew are about to encounter a new challenge for which nothing they have experienced thus far could possibly prepare them…
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Captain's log, stardate 2261.34.
- The Enterprise has arrived at the previously unexplored star system designated Menzies 216, at the edge of the Alpha Quadrant. It's been several months since we left Earth on our five-year mission. To borrow a phrase from Chief Engineer Scott, the ship and her crew are all firing on all cylinders. All ship systems are operating at peak efficiency. Morale on the ship is good. The better I come to know the crew, the more confident I am they're the best in the fleet.
- James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Spock • Nyota Uhura • Q • Hikaru Sulu • Pavel Chekov • Spock • Nero • Jean-Luc Picard • Nyota Uhura • Montgomery Scott
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- USS Enterprise (Constitution-class cruiser) • USS Enterprise-E (Sovereign-class explorer) • Jem'Hadar battleship (battleship) • SS Smallwood (Oberth-class)
- Referenced only
Races and culturesEdit
- Referenced only
Technology and weaponsEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- Q Continuum • Starfleet (command division • operations division • sciences division) • United Federation of Planets • Romulan Star Empire • Dominion
Ranks and titlesEdit
- captain • chief medical officer • commander • commanding officer • communications officer • doctor • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (alternate 2250s) • first officer • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • officer • science officer • ambassador
- clothing • energy • galaxy • government • humanoid • lifeform • matter • nation-state • races and cultures • space • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (alternate reality) • technology • time • uniform • universe • weapon • stardate • captain's log • star • star system • chronometer
- ST - Countdown comic: "Countdown, Part 4": The comic begins in the prime reality, soon after the end of the final Star Trek: Countdown issue.
- TOS movie & novelization: Star Trek Into Darkness: The comic takes place as part of the Enterprise's five-year mission and shows Kirk's death.
- TNG episode: "True Q": Q and Kirk have a discussion on the hull of the Enterprise, similar to the discussion between Amanda Rogers and Q.
Lost Apollo, Part 2
|The Original Series (IDW series)||next comic:|
The Q Gambit, Part 2