"Tholian Web, Part 1" was the 46th issue of IDW Publishing's 2011 ongoing series of Star Trek comics, written by Mike Johnson. This was the first part of The Tholian Webs story arc, illustrated by Rachael Stott.
- Previously in Star Trek…
- The USS Enterprise is on a five-year mission of discovery into uncharted space. Following their encounter with the alien pirate Eurydice, the ship's stores of rare dilithium crystals have been filled and its warp drive repaired. Currently en route from deep in the Delta Quadrant, the Enterprise seeks to resume it exploration at the far edges of the Alpha Quadrant…
The crew begins to go insane when the Enterprise is caught in interphase on their return from the Delta Quadrant. At the edge of the Alpha Quadrant, Leonard McCoy places himself in medicine-induced unconsciousness, Hikaru Sulu hijacks the bridge and Scotty initiates saucer separation just as the Tholians attack with multiple Tholian webs for the saucer section and secondary hull.
- 0718 • Pavel Chekov • Keenser • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • O'Neill • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura • unnamed USS Enterprise alternate reality NCC-1701 personnel (USS Enterprise alternate reality NCC-1701 personnel)
- Referenced only
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- bridge • briefing room • corridor • engineering • quarters • saucer section • secondary hull • sickbay
Races and culturesEdit
Materials and substancesEdit
- alcohol • Altairian soup • atmosphere • Bourbon • crystal • dilithium • drink • food • lunch • molecule • soup
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
- communicator • computer • command chair • docking clamp • goggles • helm • hypospray • impulse drive • intercom • phaser • phaser (alternate reality) • phaser pistol • pistol • spacecraft • starship • Tholian web • type-2 phaser • warp drive
Ranks and titlesEdit
- captain • chief engineer • chief medical officer • command division • commander • commanding officer • communications officer • conn • doctor • engineer • ensign • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (alternate 2250s) • first officer • helmsman • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • medical practitioner • mister • navigator • officer • operations division • science officer • sciences division • tactical officer • weapons officer
- alien • alternate reality • anatomy • astrophysics • captain's log • captain's log, USS Enterprise (alternate reality NCC-1701) • clothing • communications • death • energy • USS Enterprise personnel • five-year mission • humanoid • interphase • interphase psychosis • lifeform • log entry • logic • matter • medicine • navigation • pain • piracy • planet • psychology • quadrant • races and cultures • rank • saucer separation • space • star • star system • stardate • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (alternate reality) • stun • technology • time • title • uniform • universe • Vulcan nerve pinch • weapon • week • year
- Although Lieutenant Chekov appears on the standard edition cover wearing an operations division red shirt (with no rank insignia, indicating an ensign), he wears his command division gold shirt throughout the issue. In fact, despite appearing on both edition covers, he has only one line and appears in only a few panels.
- 0718 has no dialogue, and only appears unconscious, stunned on the bridge.
- This issue is the debut of the alternate Enterprise's saucer separation feature. Writer Mike Johnson stated in advance coverage that the plural version "The Tholian Webs" was important to a story point, but initial solicitations showed the title as "Tholian Web", in the singular. The final printed covers reflect the plural version of the title.
#45: Eurydice, Part 3
|The Original Series (IDW series)||next comic:|
#47: The Tholian Webs, Part 2
The Tholian Webs