- This article is about element 22, titanium. You may be looking for trans-uranic elements tritanium or trititanium.
Characteristics and historyEdit
Titanium has an atomic mass of 47.90. This element was discovered by Humans for the first time on Earth's European continent in France and England, in the year 1791. (ST reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual)
Christine Chapel acquired an arm bracelet from the titanium smiths of Libra. It was unaffected by the X-waves encountered by the crew of the USS Enterprise, in 2269, despite the shrinking of Chapel. As it became proportionally larger, she referred to it as more of a necklace than an arm bracelet. (TAS episode & Star Trek Log Four novelization: The Terratin Incident)
The Delta Flyer, as first designed by B'Elanna Torres, was planned to employ titanium as a primary hull material, but Seven of Nine suggested this should be abandoned in favor of tetraburnium. (VOY episode: "Extreme Risk")
- TOS episode: "I, Mudd"
- VOY episodes: "One Small Step", "Extreme Risk", "Friendship One", "Dark Frontier"
- ST references: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual, Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise
- TAS episode & Star Trek Log Four novelization: The Terratin Incident
- ENT episode: "Shuttlepod One"
- TNG movie, novelization & comic adaptation: First Contact
- TOS novels: World Without End, The Kobayashi Maru, Crossroad, The Fearful Summons, Unspoken Truth, The Rings of Time
- TOS - The Eugenics Wars novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 2
- FASA RPG module: Star Trek: The Next Generation Officer's Manual
- TNG - Double Helix novel: Red Sector
- ENT novel: What Price Honor?
- STA novel: Maker
- DS9 novels: Wrath of the Prophets, Highest Score
- TLE novel: Well of Souls
- DS9 - Rebels novel: The Courageous
- TOS - Starfleet Academy novel: The Assassination Game