- For other uses, see Archon.
|Commanding officer:||Captain Uttan Narsu|
The USS Archon (NCC-189) was a Federation starship. She was a Daedalus-class explorer that was in service to Starfleet in the 22nd century. (ST reference: Star Trek Encyclopedia; Decipher RPG module: Starfleet Operations Manual)
In 2156 the Archon, under the command of Captain Uttan Narsu, participated in war games in the Sol system, allied with the starships Essex, Intrepid, and Columbia against fellow Earth Starfleet vessel Enterprise. (ENT novel: Beneath the Raptor's Wing)
Wreckage and equipment from the Archon, including a cache of spatial torpedoes, was later hidden in an underground Betan facility, which Landru forbade anyone to study. (SCE eBook: Foundations, Book Two)
In the alternate reality created by Nero's incursion to the year 2233, by late 2258, mentions of the Archon had been removed from the Federation Archives. All information that remained were rumors, including one passed on to James T. Kirk at Starfleet Academy by a professor. (TOS comic: "The Return of the Archons, Part 1")
- In the comic TOS comic: "The Return of the Archons, Part 2", the Archon was depicted as similar to NX-class starship with engine nacelles similar to those of the alternate reality Constitution-class. The story of the Archon was told by Ariel who admitted only knowing "pieces of the truth."
|United Earth, Starfleet (until 2161)||A.G. Robinson • Adirondack • Archon • Armstrong • Bach • Carolina • Cowpens • Daedalus • Dykstra • Essex • Franklin Roosevelt • Gettysburg • Heinlein • Jein • Kearsarge • Kon-Tiki • Lovell • Nez Perce • Nightingale • Okuda • Olympus • Pilgrim • Probert • Ptolemy • Shepard • Stephen Decatur • Valley Forge • William Clark • Yeager • Yorktown • Zefram Cochrane|
|Federation, Starfleet||Anson • Archon • Benjamin Franklin • Daedalus • Discovery • Drake • Essex • Heisenberg • Horizon • Lindbergh • Lovell • Masao • Republic • Wakefield • Zander|
Appearances and referencesEdit
- ENT novel: Last Full Measure
- TOS novel: Ex Machina
- TOS episode: "The Return of the Archons"
- SCE eBook: Foundations, Book Two
- ST reference: The Worlds of the Federation
- TOS comics: "The Return of the Archons, Part 1", "The Return of the Archons, Part 2"
The Archon's name was included in lists of names in the software for ST video game: Legacy that did not end up in the final version of the game. Had the ship's name been included, it would have referenced the vessel as having been active in the Earth Starfleet in the year 2159.