- For other uses, see Archon.
The USS Archon (NCC-189) was a Federation starship. She was a Daedalus-class explorer that was in service to Starfleet in the 22nd century. (ST reference: Star Trek Encyclopedia; Decipher RPG module: Starfleet Operations Manual)
In July 2155, the Archon along with the starship USS Essex, was dispatched to the Draylax system to help the Columbia's repairs and render assistance to the people of Draylax after the Romulan attack. (ENT novel: Kobayashi Maru)
In 2156 the Archon, under the command of Captain Uttan Narsu, participated in war games in the Sol system, allied with the starships Essex, Intrepid, and Columbia against fellow Earth Starfleet vessel Enterprise. (ENT novel: Beneath the Raptor's Wing)
During the Earth-Romulan War, the Archon, along with the Essex and another Daedalus-class ship, fought a bird-of-prey. During the battle, the Archon lost its port warp nacelle. (Ships of the Line 2015)
Wreckage and equipment from the Archon, including a cache of spatial torpedoes, was later hidden in an underground Betan facility, which Landru forbade anyone to study. (SCE eBook: Foundations, Book Two)
In the alternate reality created by Nero's incursion to the year 2233, by late 2258, mentions of the Archon had been removed from the Federation Archives. All information that remained were rumors, including one passed on to James T. Kirk at Starfleet Academy by a professor. (TOS comic: "The Return of the Archons, Part 1")
- In the comic TOS comic: "The Return of the Archons, Part 2", the Archon was depicted as similar to NX-class starship with engine nacelles similar to those of the alternate reality Constitution-class. While the story of the Archon was told by Ariel, who admitted only knowing "pieces of the truth," the physical remains of the Archon seen by Kirk and company did match the NX-style configuration.
|United Earth, Starfleet (until 2161)||A.G. Robinson • Adirondack • Archon • Armstrong • Bach • Carolina • Cowpens • Daedalus • Dykstra • Essex • Franklin Roosevelt • Gettysburg • Heinlein • Jein • Kearsarge • Kon-Tiki • Lovell • Nez Perce • Nightingale • Okuda • Olympus • Pilgrim • Probert • Ptolemy • Shepard • Stephen Decatur • Valley Forge • William Clark • Yeager • Yorktown • Zefram Cochrane|
|Federation, Starfleet||Anson • Archon • Benjamin Franklin • Daedalus • Discovery • Drake • Essex • Heisenberg • Horizon • Lindbergh • Lovell • Masao • Republic • Wakefield • Zander|
Appearances and referencesEdit
- ENT novel: Last Full Measure
- TOS novel: Ex Machina
- TOS episode: "The Return of the Archons"
- SCE eBook: Foundations, Book Two
- ST reference: The Worlds of the Federation
- TOS comics: "The Return of the Archons, Part 1", "The Return of the Archons, Part 2"
- Ships of the Line calendar 2015 "Romulan War" (November)
The Archon's name was included in lists of names in the software for ST video game: Legacy that did not end up in the final version of the game. Had the ship's name been included, it would have referenced the vessel as having been active in the Earth Starfleet in the year 2159.