- For other uses, see Dauntless.
|Status:||active (23rd century)|
In the late 2250s, while under the command of Captain Diego Reyes, the Dauntless had numerous encounters with the IKS Chech'Iw, commanded by future Klingon Chancellor, General Gorkon. An engagement at Xarant badly damaged the ship and cost the lives of eighteen crew members, including the executive officer Commander Rajiv Mehta.
In 2259, after three months of extensive repairs at Starbase 7, the Dauntless took on her new first officer, Commander Hallie Gannon. (VAN novel: Precipice, VAN - Declassified novella: The Ruins of Noble Men, Star Trek Magazine Issue 162: "Blast Off!")
In the 2270s, Dauntless was one of over a half-dozen Starfleet vessels, under the command of Commodore Jono Danilov, that intervened in a Romulan conflict that Captain James T. Kirk's USS Enterprise had become involved in, the Battle of Augo. Dauntless, along with al-Burak, Speedwell, Lake Ponchartrain, Lake Onondoga, Kilimanjaro, Hemalat, San Diego and Marathon all departed shortly after the engagement, with the only loss being Danilov's Ortisei. (TOS - Rihannsu novel: The Empty Chair)
- Captain Diego Reyes (CO, until 2265)
- Commander Hallie Gannon (XO, from 2259)
- Commander Rajiv Mehta (XO, until 2259)
- Doctor Ezekiel Fisher (chief medical officer)
- Lieutenant commander Anya Brzezinski (science officer)
- Lieutenant Terence Sadler (security)
- Ensign Lloyd Kendrick (communications officer)