- For other uses, see Discovery.
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
History and specificsEdit
After war broke out between the Federation and the Klingon Empire in May of 2256, the Discovery and her more advanced sister ship the USS Glenn were tasked by Starfleet with a top secret mission to develop a new kind of faster-than-light drive utilizing spores from the fungus Prototaxites stellaviatori.
In November of the same year, the Discovery took aboard former Starfleet officer Michael Burnham. Captain Lorca wished to convince her to join Lieutenant Paul Stamets' team in developing the new drive, and after joining the boarding party to the disabled USS Glenn Burnham decided to stay. (DSC episode: "Context Is for Kings")
With the help of the captured creature named Ripper and the tech salvaged from the Glenn, the Discovery was able to make a significant jump to Corvan II and saved the mining colony from a Klingon attack. (DSC episode: "The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry")
- See USS Discovery (NCC-1031) personnel for a comprehensive list.
- Commanding officer:
- First officer:
- Chief of Security/Tactical officer:
- Chief of Security
- Tactical Officer
- Science Officer:
- Medical Officer
- Chief engineer
- Communications officer:
- Operations officer
|Glenn • Discovery|
- DSC episode: "Context Is for Kings" (first appearance)
- DSC episode: "The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry"
- DSC episode: "Choose Your Pain"
Other Known Crew (Rank) Edit
- No Rank
- Micheal Burnam
- Engineer/Science Officer. Micheal was First Officer on the USS Shenzhou. After an attempted mutiny, she was stripped of rank and, after being sent on a jail vessel, was retrieved by and hired on the USS Discovery. She then helped create the FTL Spore Drive.
- Micheal Burnam
- Lieutenant Commander