- For other uses, see Enterprise.
The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-J) was a Federation starship, a Universe-class multi-mission explorer active during the 26th century. The Enterprise led Federation forces in the Battle of Procyon V, the final battle in the war against the invading Sphere Builders. (ENT episode: "Azati Prime", ST reference: Star Trek Encyclopedia 4th ed., ST reference: The Official Starships Collection #89)
Temporal Agent Timot Danlen (under the alias Daniels) brought Captain Jonathan Archer from the year 2154 to the Enterprise-J to witness the pivotal battle taking place at Procyon V, in hopes of convincing Archer to seek a diplomatic resolution in Earth's conflict with the Xindi. Archer looked at a schematic of the Enterprise-J, displayed in the observation deck, but remained unconvinced of Danlen's proposal. Danlen told Archer that Xindi served on the ship. (ENT episode: "Azati Prime")
During the Battle of Procyon V, the Enterprise was protected by a fleet of 31st century Ouroboros-class escorts and five Alpha Quadrant Alliance ships from the year 2410. Captain Pavel Chekov led the mission to destroy the command sphere from the Enterprise. With each successful destruction of the sphere, the increasingly desperate Sphere Builders changed the timeline to bring in more of their allies. Timot Danlen provided temporal assistance, and the combined Federation fleet defeated the incoming waves of Sphere Builders, Krenim, Na'kuhl, and Vorgons, destroying the command sphere and closing all temporal portals. All forces returned to their respective home eras. (STO - "Agents of Yesterday" mission: "The Battle of Procyon V")
- commanding officer:
- temporal agent:
- unnamed Xindi, Humans, Benzites
- In the timeline observed by Captain Archer, the ship's registry number NCC-1701 was written, without "J", on the dorsal bow of the ship, above the deflector dish. (ST reference: The Official Starships Collection #89)
- In the timeline resulting from the destruction of the Delphic Expanse, the NCC-1701-J labelling appears to port and starboard of the central dorsal bulge. (STO - "Agents of Yesterday" mission: "The Battle of Procyon V")
- In the Ships of the Line calendar, the Enterprise-J image is titled "Tomorrow's Enterprise", as opposed to "Yesterday's Enterprise", the title of a TNG episode.