- For other uses, see Newton.
In 2382, the Newton, under the command of Captain Thom Bryant, was assigned to continue research of the Nexus. It followed the ribbon-like phenomenon, continuously tracking its 39 year orbit and conducting various sensor scans.
In late-2384, the Newton was joined at the Nexus by the USS Enterprise-E. During an attempt to destroy the Nexus before it entered sovereign territory of the Holy Order of the Kinshaya, the Newton was sabotaged, leaving the Enterprise to defend it from two attacking Iconoclast-series Kinshaya liberators. The Enterprise's defenSe was successful, leaving the Newton to get to a nearby starbase for repairs. (TNG novella: The Stuff of Dreams)
This personnel listing is as of 2384 unless otherwise noted:
- Commanding officer, Captain Thom Bryant
- First officer, Commander Rhonu
- Chief engineer, Lieutenant Commander Tanna Vetro
- Science officer, Lieutenant Sallos
- Security chief, Lieutenant Haln
- Security officer, unnamed Caldonian ensign
- Medical officer, unnamed Boslic ensign
- Engineers, three unnamed Benzites