- For other uses, see Prometheus.
An experimental prototype that was designed for deep space and tactical based assignments, the Prometheus was built at the Beta Antares shipyards and launched on stardate 50749.5 and at the time was the most innovative and fastest vessel in the fleet. (Startrek.com)
Around stardate 51462, the Prometheus was hijacked by a group of Romulans who wanted to return the ship to Romulus so that the Tal Shiar could learn the latest Starfleet tactical secrets. Using the vessel's multi-vector assault mode the Prometheus was able to overcome the pursuing Nebula-class USS Bonchune and the hijack appeared to have been successful.
Fortunately, the Doctor from the USS Voyager had been transmitted to the Prometheus via a relay network from the Delta Quadrant. With help from the Prometheus's Emergency Medical Hologram, they were able to slow down the Romulans by venting a knock-out gas into the ship's life support systems, and hold off a Romulan assault, destroying one Warbird until a relief force of Federation starships arrived. (VOY episode: "Message in a Bottle"; WizKids module: Tactics)
In 2381, during the Borg invasion, the Prometheus was part of a forty ship fleet defending Vulcan from the Borg. In the battle, it was one of the four surviving ships including the USS Exeter, USS Atlas, and USS Kearsarge. It promptly destroyed the Borg over Vulcan with the other surviving ships. (ST - Destiny novel: Lost Souls)
In the 26th century, the Prometheus was part of the fleet led by the USS Enterprise-J into the pivotal Battle of Procyon V, against the Sphere Builders and their Temporal Liberation Front allies. (STO - "Future Proof" mission: "Ragnarok")
- commanding officer:
- executive/tactical officer:
- second/operations manager:
- security chief:
- chief engineer:
- Lieutenant Commander Jenna Winona Kirk (Human female)
- senior science officer:
- technician (engineering bridge officer):
- Lieutenant Chell
- communications officer:
- chief medical officer:
- Moba (Bolian male)
- The reason for the differing registry numbers (59650 and 74913) was that Foundation Imaging FX artists did not receive Mike Okuda's memo directing them to use NX-74913 (which itself appears on all shipboard computer displays and the dedication plaque). In-universe, the Prometheus actually was rechristened NX-74913, according to issue 152 of the Star Trek Communicator.
- The Prometheus stars in licensed German publisher Crosscult's first original series of novels, debuting in 2016, entitled Star Trek: Prometheus.
|Ships named Prometheus|
| Federation Starfleet|
|USS Prometheus (NCC-71201, Nebula-class) • USS Prometheus (NX-59650, Prometheus-class) • USS Prometheus (NCC-59650-A, Prometheus-class) • see also: Prometheus-class|
| Imperial Starfleet|
|ISS Prometheus (NCC-59650-A, Prometheus-class)|
| Khanate Earthfleet|
|Earthfleet Starship Prometheus|
|Prometheus-class light cruiser/advanced escort starships|
| Federation, Starfleet|
| Cerberus • Hercules • Icarus • Meridian • Prometheus • Prometheus-A • Titan|
| Terran Empire Starfleet|