About me - Trek relevant info, anywayEdit
I remember watching a re-run of an episode of The Original Series when I was about five years old. While I don't really recall what happened in it, I do remember being enthralled at the Enterprise zooming across the screen in the opening credits. And there began the seed of my fascination with Star Trek.
It wasn't until my early teens when Star Trek: The Next Generation was well under way that the seed germinated and I was on my way to becoming a full-fledged Trek geek. Although, it was Star Trek: Deep Space Nine that got me completely hooked with its more believable "soap opera in space" set up. At this point I discovered the novels and reference books, and the Star Trek Universe just got a whole lot bigger!
Speaking of favourites...
These are a few of my favourite thingsEdit
- TOS novel: Final Frontier
- TOS novel: Prime Directive
- TOS novel: The Pandora Principle
- TLE novel: Serpents Among the Ruins
- DTI novel: Watching the Clock, especially the partnership of agents Meyo Ranjea and Teresa Garcia.
- DS9 novel: The Never-Ending Sacrifice
- ST - Typhon Pact novel: Brinkmanship
- TNG short story: "Of Cabbages and Kings"
- DS9 short story: "Sins of the Mother"
- VAN novella: The Ruins of Noble Men
- Mr Scott's Guide to the Enterprise
- Star Trek: The Next Generation USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D Blueprints
- Star Trek Encyclopedia
- TNG episode: "The Best of Both Worlds"
- DS9 episodes: "Destiny", "Little Green Men", "Our Man Bashir", "The Assignment", "In the Pale Moonlight", "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"
- VOY episode: "Eye of the Needle"
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek Nemesis (I know, but the Battle of Bassen Rift was spectacularly realistic and the acting is first rate, especially from Sir Patrick Stewart and Marina Sirtis)
- Vesta class starships, particularly the USS Aventine, USS Capitoline and the USS Quirinal, and their captains, Ezri Dax, Roberta Holverson and Regina Farkas, respectively.
- Excelsior class starships. Oh, Enterprise-B, you are so pretty!
- The Oberth class. A strangely beguiling little ship.
Races and culturesEdit
- Nyota Uhura, particularly in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and TLE novels: The Art of the Impossible, Catalyst of Sorrows.
- Saavik (the Robin Curtis version, not the Kirsty Alley one).
- Julian Bashir
- Ezri Dax
The strange and unusualEdit
- Psychokinesis, telepathy and other extrasensory perceptions, and those who wield them, such as Elizabeth Dehner, Miranda Jones and Deanna Troi to name but a few.
- Tears of the Prophets
- Corat Damar
- George Samuel Kirk, Sr. - Mmmmm...
- Oh, and Charles Tucker III in his pants (underwear, to you non-Brits)!
Mind's eye candyEdit
As yet unseen, but in my head they are stunning!
The inevitable 'to do' listEdit
|USS Quirinal personnel|
|Phinnegan Bryce • Costa • Gregor Denisov • Regina Farkas • Fredericks • Preston Ganley • Genevieve • Krim Hoch • Tonil Hornung • Jepel Omar • Sadie Johns • Kogdon • Mavila • Miller • Narv • Nathan • Julian Psilakis • Riggs • Rivin • Malcolm Roach • El'nor Sal • Sanchez • Sienna Kar • Stanton • Ti'Ana • Yuka|
The following is a list of the Star Trek books that I own. Or, it will be once I catalogue all my TOS & TNG books. So, if you believe that one of these books will answer a nagging question (like, did Uhura really have a liaison with Curzon Dax?), just let me know and when I get time I'll have a look for you. (Yes. Yes, she did.)
A work in progress...
- The Good That Men Do - I only bought it to find out what really happened to Trip. After all, he couldn't have died. He just couldn't have!
- Chain of Attack • Deep Domain • Dreams of the Raven • The Romulan Way • Bloodthirst • Yesterday's Son • Time for Yesterday • Timetrap • Star Trek: The Motion Picture • Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan • The Entropy Effect • The Wounded Sky • My Enemy, My Ally • Corona • Web of the Romulans • Dreadnought! • Rules of Engagement • The Klingon Gambit • The Pandora Principle • Killing Time • The Tears of the Singers • Demons • A Flag Full of Stars • Crisis on Centaurus • Battlestations! • The Disinherited • Sanctuary • Death Count • Shell Game • The Starship Trap • The Great Starship Race • Firestorm • Traitor Winds • Recovery • The Fearful Summons • First Frontier • The Captain's Daughter • First Strike
- Strangers from the Sky • Final Frontier • The Lost Years • Prime Directive • Uhura's Song • Dwellers in the Crucible • Probe • Best Destiny • Sarek • Federation • Vulcan's Forge • Vulcan's Heart • Cloak • Burning Dreams • The Sorrows of Empire • Unspoken Truth • Exodus • Exiles • Epiphany • Allegiance in Exile
- I've got all of them except for Distant Early Warning and The Black Flag.
- The Sundered • Serpents Among the Ruins • The Art of the Impossible • Well of Souls • Catalyst of Sorrows
- Crossover • Star Trek Generations • Rogue • Star Trek: First Contact • The Battle of Betazed • Star Trek: Insurrection • Resistance • Before Dishonor • Greater Than the Sum • A Singular Destiny • The Persistence of Memory • Silent Weapons • The Body Electric
- All the rest are safely tucked away in a box that I can no longer find... Bah!
- Millennium: The Fall of Terok Nor, The War of the Prophets, Inferno • Prophecy and Change • The Lives of Dax • Avatar • Abyss • Demons of Air and Darkness • Twilight • This Gray Spirit • Cathedral • Lesser Evil • Unity • Cardassia: The Lotus Flower • Andor: Paradigm • Trill: Unjoined • Bajor: Fragments and Omens • Ferenginar: Satisfaction is Not Guaranteed • The Dominion: Olympus Descending • Warpath • Fearful Symmetry • The Soul Key • The Never-Ending Sacrifice
- I can't believe I haven't got - or even read - A Stitch in Time yet.
- Mosaic • Shadow • Children of the Storm • The Eternal Tide
- Meh. Voyager... Still, Children of the Storm was very good.
|Star Trek: Destiny|
|Gods of Night • Mere Mortals • Lost Souls|
|Star Trek: Typhon Pact|
|Zero Sum Game • Seize the Fire • Rough Beasts of Empire • Paths of Disharmony • The Struggle Within • Plagues of Night • Raise the Dawn • Brinkmanship|
Collected works and anthologiesEdit
- Crew • Star Trek Omnibus, Volume 2 • Romulans: Pawns of War • Strange New Worlds I • Tales of the Dominion War • Star Trek: Nero • Star Trek: Countdown
Star Trek reference booksEdit
- Mr Scott's Guide to the Enterprise • Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual • Star Trek Chronology • Star Trek Encyclopedia (all three editions) • Star Trek: The Next Generation USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D Blueprints • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual • Star Trek: Starship Spotter • Star Charts • Ships of the Line • USS Enterprise Owners' Workshop Manual
Real-world information booksEdit
- The Making of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine • The Art of Star Trek • These Are The Voyages... • The Making of Star Trek: First Contact • Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Continuing Mission • Star Trek: The Next Generation Sketchbook: The Movies • Star Trek: Action! • Star Trek: Where No One Has Gone Before • Star Trek: The Art of the Film