If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Beta, here are a few links that you might want to check out:
- Manual of Style: Please be sure to read this before contributing, so you know how to accurately cite your sources, and search the site to make sure the article you want to make doesn't already exist.
- Policies and Guidelines: For a list of the policies and guidelines that we adhere to on Memory Beta.
- Wanted pages: For a list of pages we want most, although any contributions you make are greatly appreciated!
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in a member's talk page or the community portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Beta!
When uploading images to Memory Beta, please make a point of listing where the image is from (ie, book, TV episode, etc). Thank you. -- sulfur 16:02, April 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Hey CC-1990 you've put up a bunch of great Voyager cast photos. Can you source the images with the episode titles and copy-writes so that they don't get deleted? If you need coding help there are plenty of people on here who can give you some guidelines. --TardisCaptain 17:29, April 22, 2012 (UTC)
- For example, I added "Encounter at Farpoint" as the episode that your Deanna Troi picture was from. Could you please start doing this yourself? I don't know what episode(s) you're getting these pictures from. -- Captain MKB 19:46, April 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Just wondering if you wanted to save any of the photos you had been working on? It's been a week but you haven't revealed the info we asked for, so we're going to start deleting soon. -- Captain MKB 19:16, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
Copying of Memory Alpha articlesEdit
Please don't copy and paste articles from Memory Alpha. Also, we try and look for references to a character, location etc in a licensed source (novel, comic, video game etc) to justify an article. -- DS9 Forever 15:40, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, so I'm not sure what the problem is - despite our previous attempts to communicate with you, you have continued to upload images without any description/formatting, citations, and copyright identification. Please be aware this is a violation of copyright policies may result in the removal of your privileges to edit on this site. Please make an effort to communicate or comply before it gets to that point. -- Captain MKB 00:42, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
List of deficient images for deletionEdit
- file:adm. Hendricks.jpg
- file:hirogen H WS.jpg
- file:hudson uniform.jpg
- file:krenim w s.jpg
- file:m. Gilmore.jpg
- file:maxwell burke.jpg
- file:nikolai Rozhenko 2370.jpg
- file:sTC3 EwtU.jpg
- file:s T C - E U cover.jpg
- file:telek R'Mor.jpg
--Captain MKB 00:42, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
Still not gettingEdit
Hey, so, it seems you're ignoring our image upload requirements and uploaded more deficiently-described images today - we'll be deleting anything you add without the proper messages I've taken the time to describe above. Furthermore, if you continue to ignore the requirements, we may have to remove privileges you have to edit and upload images on this site. -- Captain MKB 15:31, September 7, 2012 (UTC)
Once again, you've gone ahead and ignored the help and communication here and have uploaded an image without any of the required information. Please respond before this escalates into something worse. -- Captain MKB 16:22, September 13, 2012 (UTC)
Once again, you've uploaded an image without required information. Please respond -- Captain MKB 22:22, October 8, 2012 (UTC)
- One of the things that I have done to help me get the correct copywrite information is look at an image from the same source. Then click on edit for that image and it has the coding for the image source that you can copy over. For example the TNG Companion is from Pocket Books. I'd find another book from the same publisher, say the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion. Then click on the image then click on the <image name>.jpg link at the top and then click on edit. There you will see the imagesource code. Just copy that code over to your image and bingo it's got the proper copywrite information and the Wiki won't get in trouble with the publishers. I try to remember to do this just after uploading an image. But there has been a few times a few have slipped through the cracks. Luckily our fellow editors are helping to keep us on our toes. Thanks for contributing. --TardisCaptain (talk) 18:22, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
Hey CC-1990. Looks like you're slipping back into old habits and not attributing a source for your latest Kazon and Malon ship images. I know it's an easy thing to forget, but please try and get into the habit of citing your sources again. You've cited the Cardassian Union map and Skriiti images you uploaded, but not these latest ships. Please add the cites as soon as possible or the images will be deleted as per the above warnings. Thanks -- Cyfa (talk) 22:16, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
Hello again. Thanks for providing links to the source of your uploaded images, but unfortunately, the Star Trek Intelligence website is NOT a licensed source, so the links will have to go. However, some of the images on the website do appear to have come from episodes of Voyager, so you could find out where they've come from then cite the original Voyager episode and add the template for the imagesource code as Tardis Captain has instructed above. -- Cyfa (talk) 19:35, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
Images on articlesEdit
When adding images to articles, please use the "thumb" keyword as the size, rather than indicating "150px". This is more in line with our Manual of Style here on Memory Beta. Thanks! -- sulfur (talk) 17:32, January 21, 2013 (UTC)
Gorkon article and contextEdit
When adding things to articles, like your recent additions to Gorkon's article, please ensure that you are putting the additions into the appropriate context. In the case of his article, the Praxis information and bits about his death come before the Klingon Academy portion, as that portion presents contradictory information.
I'd like to note that last sentence again... please put a space between the end of a sentence (ie, the period) and the opening parenthesis of a citation (ie, the "("). Thanks -- sulfur (talk) 03:00, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
Images again Edit
Hey CC-1990, I'm trying to clean up a few things around the wiki and I would appreciate it if you fixed thefollowing images as Captain Mike told you to above. If you don't, I'm going to delete them in the next several days. Also, I would appreciate it if you fixed any other images that were not previously listed but were uploaded incorrectly, otherwise those may be deleted as well.
D Morwood 002 Edit
Image: v File:Edit
When adding these, please do not add the collection that an issue was compiled into. If it is part of a proper series, then add that, but do not list their collections as the series. Thanks. -- sulfur (talk) 19:25, October 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Once again, you are uploading images without the proper information. If you continue to ignore this requirement, you may lose your privileges to upload images to this wiki. - Captain MKB 05:54, December 25, 2013 (UTC)
Once again, you are uploading images without the proper information. If you continue to ignore this requirement, you may lose your privileges to upload images to this wiki. - Captain MKB 02:36, January 28, 2014 (UTC)
When creating these new log pages, please be certain to add the appropriate category to the pages. The specific category would be Category:Logs. Thanks. -- sulfur (talk) 16:07, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Copying from Memory AlphaEdit
Well its been a while since you've ignored a warning about this. Don't copy articles word for word from Memory Alpha.
Darwin (23rd century) has been deleted. Either write new content or leave it blank until someone who can write does so for you - but copying will not be allowed. Copied supmissions will be deleted and you will be banned for this behavior. Please respond here or you will be banned anyway for ignoring warnings (this is not the first time we've have to contact you about copying) -- Captain MKB 23:42, March 9, 2014 (UTC)