user talk:captainmike/archive 2008
user talk:captainmike/archive 2009
user talk:captainmike/archive 2010
user talk:captainmike/archive 2011
user talk:captainmike/archive 2012
user talk:captainmike/archive 2013
Mirrored, Part 2Edit
Mirrored, Part 2 has come out. I think someone should fix the page on it.
Anonymous--188.8.131.52 15:33, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- I already did fix it, i removed the 'future publication' notice and changed it from future tense to present tense.
- Anything beyond that, I can't help but wonder what you expect me to do, I haven't even gotten my copy yet. -- Captain MKB 18:50, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry for losing patience, but could you please get a copy of the comic book. If you have one, could you please work on the page. Anonymous--184.108.40.206 19:38, January 23, 2013 (UTC)
- I've been starting a new job lately so have been using Memory Beta at a bare minimum. The page is open for any logged in user to edit, however. -- Captain MKB 23:40, January 23, 2013 (UTC)
- It does not seem that anyone has interest. I have the comic book, but I cannot edit the page. Why not find some time to do the page? Anonymous--220.127.116.11 19:55, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
Why don't you leave him alone, if you have the comic book you fix the page. What do you mean you can't edit the page just click the edit button, why does Captainmike have to fix it for you.--TyphussJediVader (talk) 20:39, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
I have no account on wikia, so I cannot do it because it is protected.
Anonymous--18.104.22.168 21:17, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Captain Mike. Your request for citations in my recent, rather over-enthusiastic, Romulan Imperial Fleet uniforms article reminded me of something (I've amended the article, btw - Hopefully all is as it should be now, and not an errant 'u' in sight ;) ). I stumbled across the Thucydides-class class a little while ago, but there're no cites anywhere in the article. As the image is sourced from Last Unicorn RPG module: All Our Yesterdays: The Time Travel Sourcebook, I assumed the written details were too, and was going to add the cites, but this would be an assumption. So, as you created the article, I thought I'd ask you if you'd take a look at it and add the correct cites as necessary. Thanks, -- Cyfa (talk) 13:03, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- that is in fact the only source for that class. -- Captain MKB 22:30, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
- thanks for adding the cites. - Captain MKB 07:53, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
Please add these interwikis in Main Page
[[de:]] [[es:]] [[ja:]] [[pt:]]--Roi González (talk) 09:13, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
Videos on this wiki? Edit
Hi There, I wanted to check in with your about videos on this wiki. I wasn't able to find an explicit policy if they are or aren't allowed. We have quite a few Star Trek videos available in Wikia Video, which you can find here. I thought they might be useful to you and the community here. Let me know what you think. --Sarah (help forum | blog) 20:36, September 6, 2013 (UTC)
- I have monitored a couple of discussions but not really delved into the issue.
- In general, my personal take on videos would be to apply our content policy to them
- are the videos relevant to 'offical' star trek? (as in not referencing 'fan-created' works we identify as being outside of the scope of our mission statement?)
- to that end, do we only use videos created by the owners of the star trek franchise and their licensees?
- in terms of copyright, representing fair use of star trek material described above? (as in legally excerpting or representing free use material like trailers and such)
- I cant recall actually contributing anything like this to a discussion so other, more active admins may have further concerns or addendum material but that's my contribution to any consensus video contributors might want to reach in terms of using them on the wiki. i havent tested any video uploads, playback or page placement so i'd want to make sure their inclusion is stylistically valid as well. - Captain MKB 15:36, September 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, should I post my above comment somewhere else? We have the ability to limit videos only to our Video Library as well as to just admins, so if those are options the community would like, I can make the adjustment. Let me know the best place to get in touch with everyone. --Sarah (help forum | blog) 16:29, September 9, 2013 (UTC)
Mike I have a idea For all captains and other personnel who serve briefly on star base or Star ship assignments. For example,Captain Zarlo or Captain Edward Jellicoe, use Star dates when applicable instead of years.