If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Beta, here are a few links that you might want to check out:
- Manual of Style: Please be sure to read this before contributing, so you know how to accurately cite your sources, and search the site to make sure the article you want to make doesn't already exist.
- Policies and Guidelines: For a list of the policies and guidelines that we adhere to on Memory Beta.
- Wanted pages: For a list of pages we want most, although any contributions you make are greatly appreciated!
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in a member's talk page or the community portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Beta!
- Lieutenant Ayala 02:36, 31 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Ha! I wrote the welcome template... - Lieutenant Ayala 02:55, 31 Aug 2005 (UTC)
State of the WikiEdit
I'm not sure how easy that would be. Also, I didn't want to make it so obvious as "Memory Beta." My choice was "IDICanons," which (besides being an incorrect use of the word "canon") was considered too obscure. Wikicities chose the name. --Chops 04:16, 31 Aug 2005 (UTC)