If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Beta, here are a few links that you might want to check out:
- Manual of Style: Please be sure to read this before contributing, so you know how to accurately cite your sources, and search the site to make sure the article you want to make doesn't already exist.
- Policies and Guidelines: For a list of the policies and guidelines that we adhere to on Memory Beta.
- Wanted pages: For a list of pages we want most, although any contributions you make are greatly appreciated!
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in a member's talk page or the community portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Beta! --User:The doctor, 22:20, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
Format for citations Edit
Hello, thanks for all your recent entries, just one thing, as is detailed in the Style guide the format for citations here is (SERIES media: Title) so in the case of most your recent entries (SCE ebook: The Future Begins). Thanks --8of5 19:51, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
- Re my talk page: no worries, categories can certainly be a bit confusing at times, a tip I'd suggest is to try finding the category you want by navigating down from one of the six super-categories linked to near the top of the main page, you should be able to whittle them down to the one you want from there. --8of5 19:58, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
Stardate for Meet With Triumph and DisasterEdit
Steve, I noticed that you added the stardate entry for Meet with Triumph and Disaster on the template for 2363. I don't see the stardate in the story - is there some other way that it can be inferred from published information? If not, it should probably be taken off (though the placement should stay) as even the author's intentions (assuming that is you) don't really count. Thanks for helping out so much around here. --Jdvelasc 00:47, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
- I'd have to point out we've accepted "author's intended" info as fact -- all sorts of untitled IDW comics were titled by the authors after the fact on forum posts and are used here. -- Captain MKB 03:04, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
- Indeed, I think it's certainly appropriate to place the stories on the chronology on the authors intent. But if the stardate isn't actually in the story then maybe have it listed in the information column (and section on the story’s page) as the intended date, rather than given as the date as fact. --8of5 03:23, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
- Steve has mentioned on my talk page that this is the stardate on the dedication plaque. As he points out, this is very close to the date of the story. But I am not sure what exactly constitutes the time of dedication. I think just making a note of this in the year template should suffice. --Jdvelasc 18:38, 18 February 2008 (UTC)