Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A virtual scanner headset was a device with a virtual sensor display that was used by the Dominion which enabled them to see outside the vessel they were on without the need for a viewscreen. Aboard Dominion vessels, only the Jem'Hadar First and the Vorta commander wore the headsets. (DS9 episode: "The Ship", DS9 - The Dominion War novelization: Call to Arms...)
Skrain Dukat used a virtual scanner headset during the Dominion attack on Deep Space 9 at the start of the Dominion War. Three months later, Elim Garak, having seen Dukat wear such a headset, offered to stand in for Benjamin Sisko during the mission to destroy a ketracel-white facility. The headset, which had had given Sisko headaches, was described by Garak as "like having a viewscreen inside your brain". (DS9 episodes: "Call to Arms", "A Time to Stand", "Rocks and Shoals")
Garak would later wear a virtual scanner headset again in 2375. Kira Nerys wore a virtual scanner headset during the mission to obtain a Breen energy dampening weapon from a Jem'Hadar warship docked at the Kelvas repair facility. (DS9 episodes: "Tacking Into the Wind", "The Dogs of War")
- DS9 episode: "The Ship"
- DS9 novella: The Badlands, Part IV
- DS9 episode: "Call to Arms"
- DS9 episode: "A Time to Stand"
- DS9 episode: "Rocks and Shoals"
- DS9 - The Dominion War novelization: Call to Arms...
- DS9 episode: "One Little Ship"
- DS9 episode: "'Til Death Do Us Part"
- DS9 episode: "Strange Bedfellows"
- DS9 episode: "The Changing Face of Evil"
- DS9 episode: "Tacking Into the Wind"
- DS9 episode: "The Dogs of War"
- DS9 - Prophecy and Change short story: "Face Value"
- DS9 - Worlds of DS9 novel: The Dominion: Olympus Descending
- ST - Mirror Universe novel: Rise Like Lions
- ST - Section 31 novel: Disavowed