Trial by fire! – "Wet Behind the Ears" was the 32nd issue of DC Comics' 1989 series of Star Trek: The Next Generation comics. The issue consisted of a 24 page story, as written by Michael Jan Friedman. The art was pencilled by Peter Krause and inked by Pablo Marcos, with Kim Yale credited as editor.
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Barron • Sonya Gomez • Keane • Kozinski • Geordi La Forge • McIver • Miles O'Brien • Jean-Luc Picard • William Riker • Ro Laren • Timmins • Deanna Troi • unnamed Catarr (Catarr captain and officer) • unnamed USS Enterprise-D personnel (engineering ensign) • Worf
- Referenced only
- Ajanian • Kieran Duffy • Nagurski
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Catarr starship • USS Enterprise-D (Galaxy-class explorer) • USS Odyser • USS Tubman (Constellation-class exploratory cruiser training vessel)
- Referenced only
- USS Akagi • USS Berlin • USS Enterprise • USS Fearless
- Catarr vessel
Stars and star systemsEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- cadet • captain • chief engineer • commander • counselor • engineer • flag officer • flight controller • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • security chief • specialist • transporter chief
Technology and weaponsEdit
- alien • asteroid • drink • energy • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2360s-2370s) • fish • humanoid • lifeform • lionfish • Livingston • matter • races and cultures • rank • space • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2366-2373) • training mission • uniform
- This story is a sequel of sorts to Sonya Gomez's appearances in TNG episodes: "Q Who?", "Samaritan Snare".
- The other Federation ships shown all have registry numbers with an alphabetical suffix, a rarity in canon productions.
- The characters of Ro, Riker, Worf, Troi and O'Brien all appear in this issue's artowrk but do not have dialog. Ro in particular appears on the cover, even though she only appeared in cameo in the story.
- This is the second issue where Ro is shown at a bridge station wearing an operations division gold uniform rather than her normal command division red uniform.
- In a commonly made mistake, Picard states in dialog that the Tubman was a Constitution-class vessel rather than a Constellation. He even goes so far to claim it is not unlike the original USS Enterprise, even though numerous dissimilarities are visible in the designs. Possibly the vessel had been converted since Picard last knew it, the cover and interior artwork show it to be a Constellation.
#31: Kingdom of the Damned
| Star Trek: The Next Generation|
(DC Comics, series two)
#33: The Way of the Warrior