|This article is a stub relating to a comic book series, collection, issue, author, illustrator or other publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
Log entries Edit
- Captain's personal log, stardate 3040.2
- Initial five-year mission. Data-crystal program start : We've achieved low-altitude orbit around Theta VII.
My God, it's a mess down there...
- ... Ecosystem's collapsing, tectonic plates colliding, internal stresses ripping it apart at the seams...
- ... In a few hours, it'll be dust.
- Five million people to evacuate in three years! I wasn't sure even the Federation could pull it off.
- Glad I'm not down there. Glad no one is. It's got to be Hell...
- Captain's log, supplemental.
- The records of this world told us everythng-- and nothing.
In my travels I have seen places of great beauty-- but none to rival the tragic magnificience.
- We saved its people and now abandoned, it awaits death.
- Do we have the right to take him away?
- I have to believe that we do. Life is too precious to throw it away, even on so moving a cause.
- What were they like, I wonder?
- Captain's personal log, supplemental
- Have rendezvoused with the Copernicus at Ramedes III, and turned over our special guest to their care.
She's a science vessel, one of the best. A fine crew. He'll make a good addition.
- I'm told he's already started.
- Ramedes III. Another dying world. They'll take all the readings. But Rell will get what their sensors could never find.
- The smell of the wind, the scent of the soil the cycle of life and death.
- He'll touch the planet, learn its song... and the songs of all other worlds, alone and soon to be forgotten, swallowed by silence.
- He'll learn their songs. Record them for generations yet unborn and they'll live on.
- James T. Kirk • Spock • Leonard McCoy • Nyota Uhura • Pavel Chekov • Hikaru Sulu • Montgomery Scott • Rell
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- The starship Copernicus is shown as having a structure very similar to the Ptolemy-class transport tug Copernicus documented in the Star Fleet Technical Manual, although the ship shown in the comic is identified as a science vessel rather than a tug. For the purposes of this wiki, it has been assumed that the two are the same vessel, despite the differing types, because of their identical outer appearance.
#15: Tomorrow Never Knows!
The Return of the Worthy
| The Original Series|
(DC second series)