|Series:||Starfleet Corps of Engineers, No. 55 & 56|
|Author(s):||Ilsa J. Bick|
|Published:|| Book One: eBook - August 2005|
Book Two: eBook - October 2005
|ISBN:|| Book One: ISBN 1416509607|
Book Two: ISBN 1416509615
From the back covers: While traveling to a medical conference, the Runabout Missouri encounters a strange anomaly that sends the runabout crashing to the surface of an unknown planet, leaving its two passengers -- Dr. Elizabeth Lense of the U.S.S. da Vinci and Dr. Julian Bashir of Deep Space 9 -- separated.
Each physician thinks the other dead, and each winds up trapped with the factions of a decades-old conflict between those who want to replace dying limbs with cybernetics, and those who want to remain pure. [...]
Lense finds herself aiding the Jabari freedom fighters as their new medic, working with equipment she finds primitive on people wounded in their fight against the Kornak. All the while she hopes that her crewmates on the da Vinci might rescue her -- and not blame her for the death of Julian Bashir...
Unknown to her, though, Bashir is alive, recovering in a Kornak military facility, where he becomes the focus of a power struggle between the medical and military personnel in the hospital. When the Jabari attack the hospital, Lense and Bashir find themselves on opposite sides of a conflict that can only end in tragedy...
- Apariam • Arin • Julian Bashir • Blate • Breynar • Doren • Idit Kahayn • Elizabeth Lense • Mara • Nerrit • Saad
- Referenced only
- Domenica Corsi • Ezri Dax • Jadzia Dax • Dobrah • Eberling • Dantas Falcão • David Gold • Sonya Gomez • Janel • Leonard McCoy • Jean-Luc Picard • Phil Selden • Storn • Mor glasch Tev • Sandy Wetzel • Lewis Zimmerman
Ships and vesselsEdit
- Artemis IX • Australia • Avril Station • Earth • Empok Nor • Kornak-Jabari homeworld • Lentrex VII • Mount Everest • Mount Seleya • Quark's • Rec Station Hidalgo • Sherman's Planet • Shiralea VI • Starbase 314 • Trill • Vulcan's Forge
Species and racesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- adun cactus • augment • autopsy • bahgol • Bentman Prize • Cataclysm • chimpanzee • class M • DNA • dompenephrine • duranium • EMH • fish juice • functional magnetic resonance imaging • gagh • garotte • Gigli saw • holodrama • intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging • Ludian halofish • Macbeth • methemoglobin • microelectromechanical machine • nanodrive • orangutan • painstik • periatrium • plasticine • Prime Directive • projectile weapon • postganglionic nerve • preganglionic fiber • primate • protoplaser • Rangdron Medical Complex • shapeshifters • Thugee • water
- This story takes place shortly after the events of DS9 - Worlds of Deep Space Nine novel: Trill: Unjoined.
|This article is a stub relating to an author, illustrator or other publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
|SCE eBooks||Next eBook:|
Out of the Cocoon
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|