From solicitations: As Kirk and the crew investigate the disappearance of the USS Pasteur, a trail of debris leads the USS Enterprise to an automated facility on a lifeless, desert planet in the Gobi system. A landing party finds robotic nannies caring for a computer-controlled nursery of alien babies—which Dr. McCoy's analysis proves to be the final survivors of the planet's dead civilization. But when an ensign disappears, and clues of the Pasteur's fate uncover the facility's startling secret, the computer reveals it maternal instincts—using its awesome power to defend its children—endangering the Enterprise, and forcing Kirk and the landing party to fight for their lives.
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Adan • Avatar • James T. Kirk • Mallard • Leonard McCoy • O'Hara • Matthew O'Hara • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organisationsEdit
- archaeology • decomtamination chamber • DNA • ion particle weapon • particle beam • transporter beam
- This issue was available in three covers, two of which of equally wide availability, one each by Steve Conley and Joe Corroney, and the third of more limited availability, a sketch version of the Corroney cover.
- Following from a delay to the previous issue this issue was a month late, published late in January rather than the scheduled December.
- The ten pages of editorial content for this issue include a one page advert for Intelligence Gathering. The back cover is an advert for IDW's New Frontier series.
Final issue of the miniseries
The forth year of the Enterprise's mission continues in:
Year Four: The Enterprise Experiment
Year Four, Issue 5
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|